General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

A lil help with my interior after a cage install

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A lil help with my interior after a cage install

I just picked up my car from Tick Performance where they installed my 8.50 CM cage. I need to paint the cage and I'm going to install some lightweight carpet as the car will mostly see track duty, not sure which carpet yet. But I was looking at the floorboard and for the rear seats there are some mounting brackets there that stick up. I'm not reinstalling the rear seats so I don't need them, I thought about cutting them out because it seems like a b*tch to install that carpet over them. There may be some other spots like that too, just can't think of any right now.

Any advice from you that have done what I'm doing would be great. If anyone has any advice on some good light carpet that would be good too.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

We use the ozite lightweight carpet from Summit on the cars we've done here.

I think we might of ordered mine from somewhere else just to try it out, but I honestly can't remember. If you call and ask for Matt he can probably tell you.

Hope you like the cage!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
We use the ozite lightweight carpet from Summit on the cars we've done here.

I think we might of ordered mine from somewhere else just to try it out, but I honestly can't remember. If you call and ask for Matt he can probably tell you.

Hope you like the cage!
Ya I have heard a lot about that along with a lil negative stuff. I was just trying to get some input, I'll probably use it.

I'm super happy with Tick, great place and great people. I drove 4 hours one way to have this done and don't regret one second of it. Braved a snow storm when I dropped it off, took me 8 hours to get home. I got a ticket for my window tint when I picked it up, with all of that it was still worth it! I haven't had much time yet to look the cage over but from what I saw I'm really happy with it.

I'll likely bring the car back to have it tuned at some point.

Quick Reply: A lil help with my interior after a cage install