General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

when does the bumpstop hit the wheels/when to remove them. different question than...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when does the bumpstop hit the wheels/when to remove them. different question than...

TONS of topic on this. Ive search but not the one im currently looking for. fitting 17x11 315 50mm offset. on the ws6 98

seems my options are:
1. get 36 offset... yea not going to happen. just spend money on these new set after reading 36 or 50 works for transam...
2. cut off the bumpstop all together and bfh. considering this but im strickly street so im really like to have something there just in case.
3. cut it off and move it in just a tiny bit.(cut and weld) most likely the route i will go.

4. leave it alone.

number 4 seems best but it does hit when lifted on 4 points. BUT it doesnt hit when lifted from the rear end. I can put a finger in between(i already cut a bit off)

My question is(which i didnt find) will the car ever have the rear tire fully extend out that it would hang?(aside from car going airborn)(street car=planted)

I figured the most it would hang is under hard stops where all weight transfer up front and rear lifts a bit. will this be enough to hit the bumpstop?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will take the car being airborne to get the bumpstop to contact the wheel.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N20zuki
It will take the car being airborne to get the bumpstop to contact the wheel.
darn I thought so.
I went to relocate the bumpstop about an inch in since i wasnt getting a response on this topic.

thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: when does the bumpstop hit the wheels/when to remove them. different question than...