General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Got my build finished

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my build finished

Finally got all my parts in and on the car i would like to thank livernois and katech racing for all the help especially jason barna @livernois the car is a 2000 trans am ws6 with livernois stage 3 ls6 heads, ls6 intake, gmpp asa camshaft, c5r timing chain, stock clutch, speed engineering exhaust(worked great for the money and i have kooks on my other ride), full suspension and 4:10s the car made 418hp and 394tq i am more than happy for this is my daily driver and i didnt brake the bank like my other car did. Anyways just wanted to post and give a shout to the ls community

o and p.s this car still has power steering and a/c my turbo car doesnt and i live in florida lol
Old 04-23-2015, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds nice, we need pictures!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

So the car was done at Livernois shop?
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

no I did all the work myself first time doing something this big Jason Barna was huge help with all my stupid concerns and questions pictures will be coming soon along with my dyno sheets the turbo car I built was done by me as well with the help of my super mechanic aka my brother the new build is a blast I averaged 24 MPG to work the last couple days very streetable and tame sounds pretty radical due to the tighter LSA
Old 04-24-2015, 05:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Power seems a little low for a 6spd car w/ those mods.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastazzls1
no I did all the work myself first time doing something this big Jason Barna was huge help with all my stupid concerns and questions pictures will be coming soon along with my dyno sheets the turbo car I built was done by me as well with the help of my super mechanic aka my brother the new build is a blast I averaged 24 MPG to work the last couple days very streetable and tame sounds pretty radical due to the tighter LSA
Glad to hear the heads and your total package are working and driving great for you. No troubles on the perceived "stupid concerns" that is what we are here for. We provide pre and post sale assistance to our customers.
Power looks good that is what I would expect from that combo. Great torque.
A more aggressive cam would make a few more HP but the torque would come back a bit. Looks like a fun economical street machine to me. Call us any time.

JB
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks jb just picked up a new zl1 so thats my next project to conquer and become my daily driver

Quick Reply: Got my build finished