General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone here work for A.R.P.? Broken head bolt

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here work for A.R.P.? Broken head bolt

Recieved a new set of studs today 234-4317 and broke one off...Broke off at 60Ft lbs and heard there was a bad batch by someone local and wanted to find out the scoop about seing if my set was involed i received and maybe get a new set and star over..The one that broke was one of the 7/16 studs and was the last one on that side and just would never "click" the torque wrench..When i thought it was about to the stud just broke off..I ordered a pretty big can of the assebly lube and everything was clean and lubed well...Dont know what to think really..Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...
Old 04-27-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

why not contact ARP?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVYMAN434
Recieved a new set of studs today 234-4317 and broke one off...Broke off at 60Ft lbs and heard there was a bad batch by someone local and wanted to find out the scoop about seing if my set was involed i received and maybe get a new set and star over..The one that broke was one of the 7/16 studs and was the last one on that side and just would never "click" the torque wrench..When i thought it was about to the stud just broke off..I ordered a pretty big can of the assebly lube and everything was clean and lubed well...Dont know what to think really..Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

I had a bolt snap as well[last week]. Still haven't finished trying to drill and extract it. ARP offered to inspect my whole set if i sent them back but I didn't want to pull the other head. now im getting worried i'll snap another on the final pass to tighten everything! They sent me a new one right away atleast.

Quick Reply: Anyone here work for A.R.P.? Broken head bolt