General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Someone tore my soft top

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015 | 08:56 PM
On The Tree

The thieves aren't caught yet I'm sure. I actually think it's my neighbors 4 houses down. Bunch of school kids renting rooms there's like 10 people living in that house, but I talked to some neighbors and they said a lot of stuff has been happening since they moved in. One of my neighbors got his car egged, another got his tail gate stolen, another got his GPS stolen. I've decided to keep the car cause I really like it. I don't have access to a garage, but I'm putting up security lights and cameras. I'm also putting an alarm on my car with sensors so I know if anyone is approaching the car.
Old 06-23-2015 | 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Convertible tops costs like $1000-1300, parts/labor.

Leave it unlocked if you're in a bad neighborhood and take all items out and leave the console box open so they can see there's nothing inside. Even open the glove box and disconnect the light bulb so it won't drain the battery.

I've left my top completely down when I worked in a not so good area....many times for over 6 years, and sometimes I leave the office at 10-11pm. Never had anything stolen, ever. It got caught in a thunderstorm a few times, and that was fun. It even had a decent aftermarket stereo system in the trunk and removable face-plate. Just the stock, honking alarm too.

Always had a Club brake lock and steering wheel lock to keep the whole car from being stolen. Casual thieves and crackheads don't carry around hacksaws to cut the steering wheel, and the Club Brake Lock is damn thick. Pro car thieves, then not much can be done if they really want it, but it's only like a $5000 car.
Old 07-12-2015 | 05:29 PM

It might not work too well if theyre determined, but simply putting a car cover on might help. That way they cant see whats inside and arent tempted to break in by just walking by and seeing a nice stereo.
Old 08-09-2015 | 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

My advice to you is get a hidden camera in the car and BAIT it with something juicy a dirt bag can't resist. GIT UM!
Old 08-09-2015 | 10:34 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking about baiting the car lol. I really want to catch the sons of b's!
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

I had a neighbor coming down late at night damaging the paint and windows on our Formula. I put up camera's and got him on video, that ended that bs.

Quick Reply: Someone tore my soft top