General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tuning problem.. need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning problem.. need help!

I did a mail order tune on my 98 camaro (5.7 Ls1). When I got back to my car it was dead so keep that in mind. I had my dd jumping my camaro the whole time until I got it started. I drove untuned for about 2 months.

1. I disconnected the battery and plugged in my pcm. I then started the car, When i first started the car it reved up to 2500-30000 rpms for about 10 seconds then it went 800 rpms. I then let it run for about 10-15 mins.

2. I then wanted it back it up to move it outside (its in a huge building). When I put the car in reverse it died without me even releasing the clutch,I then put it in N and started it again. When I started it the second time smoke started to roll out from under the hood and the car would not stop idling at 2500-3000... so I shut off the car off.

3. I then had a friend come out to help me figure out what is going on with my car, he told me to try to start my car so he can figure out what is going wrong with it. So when I tried to start the car it would not start.

What do you guys recommend I should do?

Can someone please help me

Last edited by Powered LS1; 08-01-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Powered LS1
I did a mail order tune on my 98 camaro (5.7 Ls1). When I got back to my car it was dead so keep that in mind. I had my dd jumping my camaro the whole time until I got it started. I drove untuned for about 2 months.

1. I disconnected the battery and plugged in my pcm. I then started the car, When i first started the car it reved up to 2500-30000 rpms for about 10 seconds then it went 800 rpms. I then let it run for about 10-15 mins.

2. I then wanted it back it up to move it outside (its in a huge building). When I put the car in reverse it died without me even releasing the clutch,I then put it in N and started it again. When I started it the second time smoke started to roll out from under the hood and the car would not stop idling at 2500-3000... so I shut off the car off.

3. I then had a friend come out to help me figure out what is going on with my car, he told me to try to start my car so he can figure out what is going wrong with it. So when I tried to start the car it would not start.

What do you guys recommend I should do?

Can someone please help me
Nvm I got it
Old 08-02-2015, 03:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what was the problem?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Well my iac should be around 45-75 but I couldnt figure that out because my car wouldnt start. So i jumped it then hit the starter with a pole a couple of times and it ran like ****!!!! but I got it on so i could have scanned it (yes I understand you dont need to turn the car on on to scan it, but I wanted to know what the iac was reading since it turned on before and ran good). So I finally got the scan and it was reading at 243. I opened the tb a little bit more and it started to read at 60 on the 2nd try.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

I had that same problem with mine after my tuner just changed my pcm for a gear change. When I put it back in the car it didn't want to start or stay running after getting it started. He had me unplug my tps, start it and let it run for a couple min. Then turn the car off, plug the tps back up and all was fine.

Quick Reply: Tuning problem.. need help!