General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How do you insure your fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:25 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by '00PewterWs6
Hey everyone. I currently insure my 2000 trans am with Allstate and I would really like to switch to Grundy. I meet all the criteria except for keeping the car in a garage all the time. The car is kept covered in the corner of the drive way. I use a 2014 civic for travel to work. My question is, does anyone have Grundy and not keep the car in a garage? I can take a picture of the car in a garage but do you guys think it would be an issue if the car is not in a garage? Thanks in advance for the help.
I definitely would not advocate violating this rule. Should the car be stolen from your property, this would be a pretty big claim against the policy (total agreed value); such a claim would likely warrant some sort of investigation by the insurer, at which time they may want to see the garage from which it was stolen and see a police report that details such. Filing a false report is fraudulent and criminal, and being honest about violating this rule may get your claim denied - just too big of a risk either way IMO.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts

00pewterws6, I also have Allstate for my cars. Since my 2002 Formula is garage kept and only driven 3 months a year, I pay full coverage for the 3 months I drive it and the other 9 months I only have comprehension coverage on it. If I had full coverage on it for a whole year (34 years old, no points on my license, easy pay and renters insurance discount) I would pay almost $800 a year just on the Formula. By doing it this way, I pay less than $300 a year for that car.
My 1999 TA is driven 6 months a year with full coverage and I only pay about $350 a year.
Talk to your agent about discounts and taking full coverage off in the winter.

Quick Reply: How do you insure your fbody?