General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How do you guys load lowered 4th gen camaro on trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you guys load lowered 4th gen camaro on trailer?

I was wondering how you guys load a lowered 4th gen with longtubes on a car trailer? It looks like it sits way low to fit up on there? You guys use boards? And also were do you strap the front end down. I usually go around the a arms but with all the plastic pieces and we're it sits so low that it'll work.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2015, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

It can be lot of trouble to load if you do not have the correct set up.
Your trailer will need to be lower at the rear and the front slightly higher. This will give you a better angle so the car will not catch the headers on any protruding support of the trailer deck. You can use a couiple of 2 x 8 boards to add length to your exisitng ramps. Some people use more than one board on each side to increase the height of the ramp as you progress loading the car. As the weight of the car moves up on the trailer, it will depress and lower to give a slightly less of an angle so it will not hit. Use the jack stand on the front of the trailer to raise it up but make sure you have it attached to your tow vehicle while doing so. Another way to do it is you can take ramps and put them at the rear wheels and back the tow vehicle up on them and this will give you better loading angle for the car. I have a friend of mine that i race with and that is how he loads and unloads his race car. You if need any more info just ask. There are a few ways to do it. Hope i have helped you out.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

I drive the rear of my tow vehicle on ramps. Something like these.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 things that help

- Dovetail trailer. Still a chance of scraping over the transition but way better then a standard flat bed

- Take a jack, put it under the front of the trailer and jack it up! (While still connected to the truck) Or do what TXcatfish said with the blocks.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a flat bed trailer and I use the tongue jack (hooked to truck) to raise to correct angle (I am going to buy some ramps as mentioned above). I hook the straps in the front into the two large holes in the K member skid plate. I also installed some 2 x 12's on the trailer for some extra clearance to be able to reach back to the skid plate. My car is lowered pretty good and my chest wouldn't fit under car until I put on the 2 x 12's.

Last edited by ragtopz28; 11-04-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

This!!

Originally Posted by txcatfish
i drive the rear of my tow vehicle on ramps. Something like these.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the ticket:

http://www.raceramps.com/trailer-ram...xtensions.aspx

These along with jacking the tongue of the trailer up will cure the 4th Gen rubbing issue when loading.

Craig

Quick Reply: How do you guys load lowered 4th gen camaro on trailer?