General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Not sure if I just hit a good deal or a good scam

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure if I just hit a good deal or a good scam

So I purchased a used ls6 intake with injectors and returnless fuel rail on ebay for $400 for an ls swap into my Porsche. The issue I'm having is the seller just relisted the item, using the same pictures. I have already paid. Looking at his feedback I realized he has feedback from over 50 sales of this exact combo! In Kuwait! And over the past year and a half or so. The feedback all seems legit, but the previous 4 sales all used the same pictures that were up when I purchased and that are up now.

So either someone in Kuwait is parting out 01-newer ls1s/ls6s like a madman, or I just got shafted. I don't like that the pictures are not of what I'm receiving, but that's nbd as long as I'm actually receiving the item. I'm pretty inexperienced with ebay, I wanted to ask if there is any way that fake feedback was made or if I should be fine since so many people seem to be happy with the purchase.

Here's the newest posting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252160228377?item=252160228377&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
Old 11-07-2015, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They have buyer protection and all you need to do is open up a case if you did not get what you paid for. Take a few pictures and make a good case (if you open one up) and you will get paid back
Old 11-07-2015, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot of vids on you tube of modded corvettes raising hell over in those oil producing countries so I can see where someone must be pulling off all the stock intakes....
Old 11-10-2015, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably selling the same thing over and over again and just re-using the same pic since it's the same exact item.

Quick Reply: Not sure if I just hit a good deal or a good scam