General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2002 Silverado door lock issue. BCM failing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016 | 04:57 AM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Default 2002 Silverado door lock issue. BCM failing?

I recently acquired a 2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew with the 6.0/4L80e that needs a bit of fixing up but overall is pretty solid. I'm having issues with the door locks and I'd like to get a second opinion on my findings.

Here's what I have:

Truck did not come with key fobs. Unsure if it had them from the factory or not.
None of the power door locks work at any of the 4 doors. I can manually lock/unlock with the key just fine.
I have checked and fixed all bad fuses and relays.
Truck does not lock doors automatically above 15 mph.
I am getting power at the power lock/window switch in the driver's door. All 4 windows work from that switch. I know for a fact that the switch itself is bad for the lock/unlock portion. I can manually jump the wires at the door, and trigger the lock and unlock relays. However, the relays only click, nothing actually happens. I have a new switch assembly on order though.
When jumping the switch, and triggering the lock relays, I cannot seem to get power at the door lock solenoid. I am unsure which connector is actually the solenoid connector, as there are three down there. None get power to them though. I do however get continuity from the door harness to the fuse block.

My service manual isn't very specific with the wiring, but with the issues I'm having and their known failure rate, I'm thinking the BCM may be bad. I'm also having issues with the power mirrors not adjusting, and 4WD not engaging (push button, front actuator is new. Can hear both front actuator and t-case actuator move). I'm not sure if these are related, but from what I've read, I'm fairly confidant that this is my issue. Anyone agree or should I be looking elsewhere?

Quick Reply: 2002 Silverado door lock issue. BCM failing?