General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Please help water leak!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help water leak!

About a week ago when my car was sitting I noticed it to have a foggy interior noticed my front passenger and rear passenger carpets were soaked pulled back the carpets and found water on the very bottom. When I put water on the cowl it drips inside at a very high rate don't know where to go from this

I just noticed a few days ago water was leaking in this area pulled back that plastic piece and noticed there's water I put a hose by the right side of the cowl and I can see water dripping from that area

In the middle of the picture you can see where there is dirt and water water is flowing through this at a good rate

Last edited by Quihuis84; 02-23-2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Are there any cracks in your glass below the cowl trim? Highly unlikely but worth a check. I've seen cars come in the shop where the glass sealant had dry rotted and pulled away from the glass thus creating a leak. Worth a shot.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Glad you found it.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Go to the auto parts store and get some silicone grease. The same kind that might be used on the slide pins of brake calipers. Look at the applications listed and it should also show sealing weather stripping too. Or just ask the counter person. I use NAPA brand Sil-Glide or something like that, to fix a small drip in my T-Top gasket.

From outside the car rub some in the most likely gap in your cowl as a kind of gap filler and wipe off the excess. It will stop the leak or at least help you locate the problem area.

Water leaks in cars and houses can fool you. You think the problem must be right over the leak and instead the real opening is somewhere else and the water enters, hits a railing, flows horizontally along the rail, and comes out somewhere else.

Anyway, that is what I would use to help you find the problem area. The silicone will not harm you rubber gaskets/molding.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one other thing to check: in the engine bay mounted on the firewall opposite side of the glove box there is a drain box. it has a small hole in the bottom that commonly gets clogged in these cars. it usually results in puddles forming on the passenger side. especially when you run the AC.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same exact problem. Water coming in and pooling up on passenger side floor. Found the water, was following the same cluster of wires, thru the firewall and pooling up on the floor.

Quick Reply: Please help water leak!