General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

BBK Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK Nightmare

Ive always used bbk products. Up until i received my new bbk ssi intake manifold i thought bbk was untouchable as far as quality and performance. But how on earth did this leave the factory. Ive had nothing but delays dealing with the return process to send me a new one. I was supposed to get a UPS shipping label last week. After calling today they finally sent me one. It has been over two weeks now since originally got the faulty part. It is very clear that BBK could care less about this as I keep getting a blown off by their customer service people. If anyone is thinking about using their products just be advised of my experience. I dont know who I will use now, as i have requested a refund upon the return of intake to them. But I assure you it will never be BBK again.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, that's a first I've heard about a new BBK product. Sucks to see this.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

"bbk ssi intake manifold i thought bbk was untouchable as far as quality and performance"
Maybe quality but a Fast buries it on intakes performance wise. Was never a big fan of BBK for Fbodies. Anyway sorry to hear that im sure they'll make good on it.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Maybe quality but a Fast buries it on intakes performance wise. Was never a big fan of BBK for Fbodies. Anyway sorry to hear that im sure they'll make good on it.
Actually, if you look at it as a "performance per dollar" aspect (which honestly most car guys do when choosing modifications because 99.9% of us are on some sort of budget), the BBK intake is just as good as a Fast in that regard. Which falls in the "you get what you pay for" category. More performance = more coin.
What's not to like about the BBK intake for the Fbody? It's a proven performer, heatsoak myth or not, its proven. Yes, not as good as Fast (which is justified by a cheaper price tag), but certainly an improvement over a stock LS1 piece.

Quick Reply: BBK Nightmare