General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Picked up Denmah's 240sx. Pretty fun, have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Picked up Denmah's 240sx. Pretty fun, have some questions.

So I got sloppy mechanics 1990 240sx from the TN guy. Shipped faster than expected! Anyway, pretty fun car. I'm over in spokanistan so ended up doing a kill switch and got a club. Theft is pretty bad here with all the spokonvicts in my area. Anyway, the car does need a few things.

First off, the brakes are... Not really there. Very firm with almost no braking power. I havent gotten in contact with Denmah/Matt as I assume hes busy but if anyone else is familiar with the car let me know if he knew what the problem was. I wanted to assume they were just "stock" but even for stock they seem really really bad. I was thinking of getting some 300zx or something similar rotors and calipers up front to help out. Unless there was a specific problem with them before hand.

The car has more than enough power for me to play around with, the only really negative things are the lack of power steering and the brakes. Otherwise it seems great. AC would be nice but ill be back in seattle from my clinic rotation by fall anyway. Pretty busy with school so can't do anything major like convert the power rack to manual. But I can find the time to do the brakes.

But otherwise don't really have too many plans with it. Will probably hang onto it until I finish school in a few years and put the drivetrain into my chevelle back home.

Quick Reply: Picked up Denmah's 240sx. Pretty fun, have some questions.