General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust.

Can I bolt or weld on high flow cats on longtube headers? I just want to see if it will pass inspection with the catylac converters bolted on the headers. Thanks!

1 more thing, where do the cats go on dump exhaust? I'm thinking about running dumps but do not know where the cats go. Thanks~

Last edited by 98Bluebirdls1; 01-18-2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: need answers to run dump exhaust
Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts

Cats typically are or can be welded into the Y-pipe. I have heard of people welding them directly on to the collectors, but that's unusual. In any case, it depends on what the your state requires. Is it simply a visual verification that cats are on the car? Does the location of the cats matter? Is there a sniffer test? The answer to these questions will determine what you should or shouldn't do with cats.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:45 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
In any case, it depends on what the your state requires. Is it simply a visual verification that cats are on the car? Does the location of the cats matter? Is there a sniffer test? The answer to these questions will determine what you should or shouldn't do with cats.
This is absolutely correct and I agree completely. Nobody can give you a solid answer on this without knowing your location/type of test.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can make it a lot easier to have a flange at the header just for ease of working on the drivetrain.

Quick Reply: Exhaust.