General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car advise

I have a 99 TA that I was building into a race car and a DD . Lol I also have a 2014 1LE for a DD . Motor is out of the ta and have been fully built and supercharged. I have been thinking of parting it out and using the money for the 1LE . And buy something a little more practical. Or I trade in the Camaro in on something . What would u all do
Old 06-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Well, what're you wanting from a car and what is it you feel that you're missing now that makes you want to sell one or both? There's a million right answers depending on what you're wanting/needing. It's hard to say what you should do when you're being really vague.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris'stransam
What would u all do
Well, not this:

Originally Posted by Chris'stransam
I have a 99 TA that I was building into a race car and a DD.
I have no idea why some folks think it's a good/fun idea to combined purposes like this (race car + daily driver.) This is a total hassle that comes with several compromises in either direction. I would never want that again. Better to stick with two different cars for these two different purposes, like you currently have. Just my opinion.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok , let me clarify this . Transamerica is my race car , but still street legal. Would be uncomfortable as a DD but could be done if u had to for a week or so .
Old 06-15-2017, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was me I would keep the Trans Am and just enjoy it whenever I feel like it and sport the 1LE when im sick of the race car characteristics. Whats funny is my 1LE I only drive when I get annoyed with the personalities of my 4th gens. The 1LE is my reliable car that I just dont mess with other then keeping her clean.

Quick Reply: Car advise