General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Looking to get back in something LSX powered

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get back in something LSX powered

As the title states I'm starting to look for another fun street car. Bit of a back story, I am coming from owning two 06 GTOs one an automatic and the last one being a manual. I sold due to my wife and I wanting to start a family. Finally after several years we have succeeded in that goal. Now I have a 3 month old baby and daddy has an itch to go fast again.
On to what my goals will be.
I'm looking for a fun street car that I can trailer or drive to the track from time to time and click off low 10 second passes while also driving back roads with the wife and kid when she's a little older. The GTO was very limited on its tire size and suspension. Other than that I LOVED that car. I've been looking at 00-02 ws6 and ss cars as well as 03/04 cobras (hard to really look at a ford) and just started looking at 5th gens as well. I haven't quite ruled out a c5z but I like the idea of having a back seat if needed. Sorry for such a long post, just looking for some guidance. Kind of worried I won't like an f body after having a GTO. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I'm looking to spend less than 20k
Old 06-26-2017, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Buy a cheap Z28 to go stupid fast with and buy a nice WS6 to cruise with the family. I prefer the fbodies over the GTO's anyday. Just an idea, for the price you are looking at you could end up with two very nice purpose cars.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Hmmm.... I kinda like that idea. Wife may not. Haha
Originally I was looking for either an ss or ws6. Both cars I could only dream about in high school. I will most likely gear it towards drag racing. I forget from time to time that my family has a 66 GTO that will eventually be mine as well.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Buy both trust me lol
Old 07-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

A fourth gen is the easiest way to get fast at the track. But cruising with the wife and baby is problem, because getting a kid into a modern car seat in the back of a fourth gen isn't easily doable.

A G8 with a power adder and suspension could meet both needs, but it might be a little tough on a 20k budget.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a CTS-V, then you get a nice family ride and your LS fun all in one.

Quick Reply: Looking to get back in something LSX powered