General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Got the chance to drive a ZL1 today!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Got the chance to drive a ZL1 today!!

I've been in the F-body game since 2001 when I bought my 95 trans and and over the years have done a lot of work to it and love my car but today I got the chance to drive a 2013 a Camaro ZL1. I work Forbes a big circle track dirt racecar team and it just so happen that one of the guys that races for us owns a very large used car dealership and came to the shop today with the car he purchased from the the auction earlier in the morning. The best part was a few of us were lucky enough to get in and try it out. My firebird currently makes 535 hp at the crank and it's quick by my god this thing was evil.... it never stopped pulling and even when cruising in 5th gear if you have it throttle it responded and then some. I got out and almost told him that we need to go sign the paperwork now hahaha. It was by far the sickest car I have ever driven!!!!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZL1s are tight. Very willing to cut loose. They are well controlled on the road; They feel heavy but they handle very well, and it has the sharpest steering I've ever felt in a car.

ZL1s are a great platform for almost any plans for building a car.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in a ss with cam and heads made 550 to the wheels and i couldnt believe how thst thing pulled especialy up top so i cant even imagine a zl1 specialy the new ones 650hp
Old 07-26-2017, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did some research and from what I read they come from the factory with about 9 pounds of boost and when your on the throttle with this thing it pegs the stock gauge at 15psi instantly so I'm thinking the previous owner did some work to it lol. I've driven it a couple more times, took it to get pizza the other day for lunch for a few of us at work and made sure that I drove about 15 miles out of my way to go get it haha. It's a bad fast car!

Quick Reply: Got the chance to drive a ZL1 today!!