General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What would you do if...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

one could still modify a fbody without loosing reliability.

Driving experience with better shocks & springs , sways
Just a mellow catback to enjoy feeling of a fun car. stock manifolds/ cats can stay
Remote Start , Heated Seats, Stereo Upgrades, Sound Deadening
Good Wheel / Tire Combo
Proper Lighting with HID Projector Retrofit

Stuff that make the car better to drive everyday and enjoy.
Not every fbody needs to be a 800hp ear drum killer rolling on slicks
Old 09-21-2017, 08:18 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Learning curve. Some hate the learning, some love it. I am one who loves to learn.

I cant say accurately how many cars I have owned, but its a hundred plus by now, probably north of 200. The most important decision to make from the outset is to establish a goal for the car and build towards that end, or leave it stock if thats your goal. I still have mostly bone stock cars, they can be a lot of fun if you respect what that offers you. While not many of the ones I own in stock trim are going win many races they are still cool cars to own and drive.

When speaking performance goals? You have to have a clear performance goal in mind or you can spiral out of control with a bunch of mismatched parts and a ton of wasted dollars.

By the time I was onto my first LS1 at that time the ultimate street car would run 12's reliably on pump gas, stop, steer, and cruise the hwy. That was something a LOT of people chased for the first half of my HotRod lifestyle and my first LS1 ran 12.1 and met all those goals reliably. I sold all my BBC/SBC/OLDS engines after that first LS build. Havent put anything else in a build since.

Hope some of this is of help
Old 09-21-2017, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
I found an all original 1997 240sx with 44,000 org miles once. Usually I buy that to swap the engine, but how do you pull a motor with 44k?
Disconnect the wiring and hoses, unbolt it, and lift.

Quick Reply: What would you do if...