General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

If your wondering what part number for a belt with no power steeering

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If your wondering what part number for a belt with no power steeering

If you want to run a belt without power steering part number is DAYCO 5060523. I ran one for a year and no issues even adding 15K miles & doing hard pulls at 6200RPMS, but be warned it may charge your alternator a little higher from what I notice from my 1999 Camaro SS instantly once installed.

I do notice better and quicker power especially at WOT. To be honest steering isn't that bad just add a little more air pressure to the front tires and only sucks 1% when parking the car on a hot day other then that you wouldn't know you had no power steering. Had to buy another one since I will be testing my alternator in a few hrs due from it dipping to the red when going over 2,500 RPMS. Also the other tip is that my original alternator that failed at 152,000 miles was because of a slow leak of my power steering pump and smelt a plastic burning smell and my alternator almost caught on fire when it failed at that mileage from the fluid dripping on it.

Quick Reply: If your wondering what part number for a belt with no power steeering