General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Glass Ameria Gerber Collision Auto Glass MESS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Glass Ameria Gerber Collision Auto Glass MESS

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with glass installer. Terrible attitude, The tech Chris was nasty and aggressive from the min he got out of his truck. Tried to remove the windshield without removing the cowling or wipers. Broke the lines to the WS washers and broke the wiper covers. Never cleaned the body before priming the metal. Primed right over loose rust and dirt etc. Installed the WS too low then tried to force it up into position, it didn't stay up. The installer tried to leave without putting the cowling or wipers back on. Complete MESS! I have never seen a employee so careless and nasty. I think this guy forgot to take his Prozac????????? Halfway through the job I managed to contact his supervisor Jeremy but it didn't solve anything. He offered no solution! Stay far away..... Now they offered to come out and redo the mess in a few days.................................I don't think so, State Farm is coming out to inspect the mess.

Does anyone have the Wiper covers and cowl hold down pins? I can't find them any where. PM me if you have them TY
Old 11-11-2017, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Cowl hold down pins are all over Amazon/EBay, think I googled Gm trim push locks or something similar. You can even get a kit with the fancy forked bent screwdriver to pull the pins. Might still have my wipers laying around I'll have to check.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

He also jacked up the drivers side A pillar trim. he inside the car trying to cut the windshield out with a power tool. Must have rested it against the pillar, it all marked up.

Quick Reply: Glass Ameria Gerber Collision Auto Glass MESS