General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GMPP ls3 376/430 w. Fbody t56

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMPP ls3 376/430 w. Fbody t56

Wondering if I have to mix n match parts for proper fitment?
My plans is a stock ls3 corvette flywheel and clutch (just because it should match plus a little for its rated trq output) i could be wrong tho.
summit ls swap mini starter
camaro fbody release/ throwout bearing
what pilot bearing or any other parts I need to complete this area.
I got a 48” 3an to 3an line female to female
36” remote clutch bleeder
russel ls1 release to 3an line. Is the slave cylinder and throwout bearing all in one?

background info: going in swap honda s2000
engine/trans annotated. Clutch master is a wilwood pn:260-3374

Goal is sub 500whp and wanting a street friendly stock oem clutch feel. What would be the easiest combo of clutch/fly/release bearing. Read some people need “shims” etc so looking for easy swap bolt in “plug n play” install.

if i go with this http://www.tickperformance.com/gm-ls...-applications/

what pilot and throwout bearing do I get? Do i go the later pilot because it goes into the ls3 or the early ls1 pilot cause it fits onto the t56?

Last edited by Mrngwoodstewie; 02-04-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have the part numbers for the 2 pilot bearings you are asking about?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

You must get the early (small) pilot bearing, as the trans input shaft is what dictates the pilot bearing size, not the engine.

I have had good luck with my Monster clutch and I would recommend the Tick master while you're at it. And yes the remote bleeder is a huge help too.

Oh and for the starter, make sure it is the design that utilizes two long bolts. Earlier design had 1 long one short, the short side on the starter tended to loosen up and break at the starter, which caused the starter to pull away from the block, torque the long bolt side and crack the block. Yes, no beuno - search for threads on that if curious.

If you need more specific help, check out the conversions and hybrids sections...I think there have been a few stook LS swaps, definitely sounds like an awesome project and good luck!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

thats great news, I got the earlier pilot bearing; after some research figured that was the best bet. I got a Tick Ls7 clutch (single OEM) disk setup and a Camaro f body (internal) throwout slave bearing/cylinder.

thnx for the heads up on the mini starter; Ill have to check what mine is.

Quick Reply: GMPP ls3 376/430 w. Fbody t56