General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What recipe in order to get my 99 F body Camaro in the 5's w/ a LQ4 T56 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What recipe in order to get my 99 F body Camaro in the 5's w/ a LQ4 T56 turbo?

I have a 5.3l in the hugger orange 99 ss camaro 6 speed right now with 243 heads,102 fast intake,102 nick williams throttle body, and the cam is huge...its like a 624 lift or something like that...cant remember,ill have to look it up later..i think its a texas speed cam also...but it has a moser 12 bolt,33 spline strange axles, eaton tru trac diff, 4,11 Richmond gear, stage 2 t56, stage 3 monster clutch, and a bunch of other stuff i will have to look up...but anyways, the car put down like 394 rwhp...i also found out that motor had alot of miles on it and its still the same stock bottomend sizes, bores, etc etc..... so imma prob go find a junkyard 6.0 and turbo it...but i really need help on what to go with..any intelligent information about this project will seriously be much appreciated more than you know!! I have done research out the wahzo buddy and my head just hurts lol...so please help me, thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

FWIW I've destroyed a couple Eaton True-tracks, they do not like high differential torque, OK for straight line but they don't like road race courses, or use in a Jeep offload... Despite the fact that the torque sensing is awesome when tooling around out in the desert.. The internal gears will spall if they have too much cross torque on the spider assembly..