General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Turbo silverado or Supercharged camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Turbo silverado or Supercharged camaro

So I currently have both, a 2004 silverado short bed single cab 5.3L, Bone stock with 160k miles and a 1998 camaro m6 with full bolt ons and cam.

I got a great deal on the silverado and its making me tempted to sell the camaro and build this. HOWEVER i just bought a vortech v9g supercharger for the camaro.

What would you all do?

Should I sell the vortech and turbo the silverado and see which one i like the most? Do I sell the camaro and build this. Or do I keep the silverado stock as a beater.

I have a new powerstroke diesel so I dont NEED a truck.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I've been there. You like the idea of the truck and all the possibilities that you have with it. The Camaro is old news and you've just about used up all of your ideas for mods. The question is how much fun you get driving the Camaro as it is now. If it's still something you look forward to driving you'll regret selling it. If it's not something you get excited about driving then your ready to move on to the next project.

I've found I enjoy working on projects more than I enjoy a finished car. That's why I always buy beaters and put together a long list of things to do that would take years to accomplish. It keeps me excited about the car alot longer than I would be if I bought it brand new with no "issues"
Old 08-22-2018, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

A slower truck will always be more of s conversation piece than a fast camaro just the way it is. My fifth gen with a tvs 2300 gets attention but not as much as my turbo s10 or the nitrous silverado and the camaro if stupid fast the trucks are too but people love to see a fast truck wether it's in the staging lane the gas pump or home depot parking lot.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar debate going on with myself lol i just got done swapping a cammed lq4/4l80e in my 91 c1500 and already have quite of money put into it already but was debating turboing it or just leave it alone and get a c5 or f body to mod. Id love a fast car but i also love my single cab truck and i would love it more if it was turboed lol only downside to me of a truck is weight but its not terrible. I think i might just turbo the truck now 🤔..,, lol sell the charger and mod the truck!
Old 09-02-2018, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

If the truck is a short bed with 4 wheel drive it would probably be a fun new project verses more work on the Camaro. Trucks are popular so that will likely get the most attention.

Performance oriented trucks aren't for me due to size, weight, mpg, less capable handling and less capable breaking etc. However, lots of people love doing performance builds with their trucks. One upping sports cars, muscle cars and pony cars definitely has appeal so I can understand that. Overall trucks are more popular than cars these days.

​​