General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Crazy Idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Idea

I would like to know if anyone can explain to me how or if it's possible to put a WS6 body on a truck frame?
Old 04-07-2019, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Anything is possible with enough cutting. The hardest part is finding a chassis with the same wheel base or you'll get into cutting a truck frame to fit.
The other issue if engine placement, You may have to cut the firewall and floor to clear the motor and trans. You also cut all the front suspension off the front of the Camaro since it won't be needed with a full frame. The hardest part is getting the body to sit low enough on the frame so that it doesn't look like someone sat a car body on a roller skate if you know what I mean lol It's a lot a work and the end product usually looks odd to 99% of the population. I have yet to see a car body on a truck chassis that looked good.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Anything is possible with enough cutting. The hardest part is finding a chassis with the same wheel base or you'll get into cutting a truck frame to fit.
The other issue if engine placement, You may have to cut the firewall and floor to clear the motor and trans. You also cut all the front suspension off the front of the Camaro since it won't be needed with a full frame. The hardest part is getting the body to sit low enough on the frame so that it doesn't look like someone sat a car body on a roller skate if you know what I mean lol It's a lot a work and the end product usually looks odd to 99% of the population. I have yet to see a car body on a truck chassis that looked good.
I lol at the roller skate part. Accurate description rofl
Old 04-11-2019, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Had a friend that did that. Had a 92 camaro on a full size blazer frame. The cops messed with him so bad that he eventually lost his license.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Why???
Old 04-11-2019, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

http://nastyz28.com/threads/4x4-camaros.161297/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...ml#post7977913
Old 04-18-2019, 03:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cookseyb
Why???
Bumper Height, Altered Frame Height, Unsafe vehicle. Every time they saw it out he was pulled over and ticketed. I think the neighbors would call on him as soon as it left the house. Police told him God help him if he ever gets into a bad accident with it because they would come as witnesses against him. You better make dam sure your insurance knows how its set up with pictures because if you don't and do get into an accident they won't cover you because it is illegal to have a car sit that high and they had no knowledge of it being altered.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TTur1996
Bumper Height, Altered Frame Height, Unsafe vehicle. Every time they saw it out he was pulled over and ticketed. I think the neighbors would call on him as soon as it left the house. Police told him God help him if he ever gets into a bad accident with it because they would come as witnesses against him. You better make dam sure your insurance knows how its set up with pictures because if you don't and do get into an accident they won't cover you because it is illegal to have a car sit that high and they had no knowledge of it being altered.
Sounds like a horrible state to live in. One of the reasons we left Mass was because of the overly regulated car laws. That and the absurd taxes.