General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Denso AC Compressor - Fixed or Variable Output?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 207 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Denso AC Compressor - Fixed or Variable Output?

Hello,

I'm about to purchase a Classic Air Conditioning kit for my 70 El Camino with a 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3 liter LM7 truck engine. I wish to retain the original stock front engine accessory drive assembly and use the original compressor. It appears that this compressor is a Denso model 4719186 - got this number from Rock Auto.

Is this a fixed output compressor?

The Classic kit desires a fixed output for its compressor and I need to know if this will work.

Many thanks,

Rick
Old 04-23-2020, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
Hello,

I'm about to purchase a Classic Air Conditioning kit for my 70 El Camino with a 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3 liter LM7 truck engine. I wish to retain the original stock front engine accessory drive assembly and use the original compressor. It appears that this compressor is a Denso model 4719186 - got this number from Rock Auto.

Is this a fixed output compressor?

The Classic kit desires a fixed output for its compressor and I need to know if this will work.

Many thanks,

Rick
I'm just starting this same set up. In my 68 c10. With same ac compressor. Did you ever find out if this is a fixed displacement or not?
Old 04-23-2020, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 207 Likes on 166 Posts

Hello,

Yes, works very nicely. Definitely a fixed output compressor. You may also find that you will need a threaded AC hose adapter coming off the compressor to attach high side and low side hoses. The compressor has no threaded fittings and you will need something like the $36.74 plus shipping part below:

https://nostalgicac.com/fittings-hos...aight-out.html

Rick

Quick Reply: Denso AC Compressor - Fixed or Variable Output?