General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shaved Intake Filler

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shaved Intake Filler

I keep trying to look up this subject but I keep seeing vague answers. I am no body man and have very limited expereince doing this stuff so that is probably why I am not finding my answer.

I am in the process of shaving a truck intake since I have 3 of them sitting around doing nothing and figured I should give it a shot. They are worthless as is and if I mess up, I did not lose any value. I have finished “welding” the oblong holes on the sides using the parent material from the fins cut off and tried using it to fill in some low spots with a plastic welder. I am at the point where I just keep making low spots when I try and fix them.

What is the reccomended filler for the final finish of this project? I am not looking to use this to seal the holes, I tapped the plugs with a hammer and welds are not cracking, just to fill in low spots. I keep seeing the Bondo fiberglass filleris reccomended and also to never use it. I keep hearing about some epoxy filler but I have no idea which one to look at since that seems vague.

Quick Reply: Shaved Intake Filler