General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

oil pressure gauge thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure gauge thoughts

So I replaced the single pin oil warning sender with a 3 pin oil pressure sending unit. I know my ECU/computer is not programmed for oil pressure. My question is... can I buy a good quality electronic gauge and run it off the 3 pin sender? I know there are ohm requirements, but is this doable? I do not want to run a sending unit from the bottom of the oil pan, from what I hear is that you want the pressure signal coming from the lowest pressure area of the motor, which sounds like the stock location behind the intake. All thoughts are appreciated,
Thanks.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw some of KZ's at Mid-Ohio with oil weight or temperature checks. I might want to hear your considerations on the need of these on a stock KZ650 and where/how you acquire the weight check and connect it.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by Gresz; 05-21-2020 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by steve b.
So I replaced the single pin oil warning sender with a 3 pin oil pressure sending unit. I know my ECU/computer is not programmed for oil pressure. My question is... can I buy a good quality electronic gauge and run it off the 3 pin sender? I know there are ohm requirements, but is this doable? I do not want to run a sending unit from the bottom of the oil pan, from what I hear is that you want the pressure signal coming from the lowest pressure area of the motor, which sounds like the stock location behind the intake. All thoughts are appreciated,
Thanks.
That three pin sender won't run an aftermarket gauge.
I think you would need an adapter like the picture attached. This would allow you to use the stock sender for the factory gauge, then use an aftermarket sender that comes with an aftermarket gauge.

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge thoughts