General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ls2 street cam recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bspeck82
No, you compare at the track not the dyno. He can compare against himself on the dyno as he modifies things though, as is one of the purposes of the dyno.
I want to put the right cam in it the first time. This isnt a race car, I'm not looking for best et or mph or experimenting and testing cams.

I'm just afraid of putting a cam that's too big in it where the gains are outside 90% of my driving rpms.

I'm rarely ever at WOT. I simply just want it to accelerate better off the bottom of each shift without going WOT.
Theres always a compromise though and while I dont mind changing valve springs every 30k, I don't want to be replacing valves very often......or having to worry about breaking a valve or a spring on a 500 mile trip with the family.

Thank you for the input Hio, I need to change my clutch first and go from there. I think the car is fast enough for the street at WOT as it is. My wife however does not. I must be getting old.

I'd just like a bit more power along with some better noise. A summit or btr stage 2 cam is the largest I would go. I am just scared of going too big. Been there, done that.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Batass
I want to put the right cam in it the first time. This isnt a race car, I'm not looking for best et or mph or experimenting and testing cams.

I'm just afraid of putting a cam that's too big in it where the gains are outside 90% of my driving rpms.

I'm rarely ever at WOT. I simply just want it to accelerate better off the bottom of each shift without going WOT.
Theres always a compromise though and while I dont mind changing valve springs every 30k, I don't want to be replacing valves very often......or having to worry about breaking a valve or a spring on a 500 mile trip with the family.

Thank you for the input Hio, I need to change my clutch first and go from there. I think the car is fast enough for the street at WOT as it is. My wife however does not. I must be getting old.

I'd just like a bit more power along with some better noise. A summit or btr stage 2 cam is the largest I would go. I am just scared of going too big. Been there, done that.
Then get a cam 1 size smaller...or buy a Tesla
Old 05-23-2020, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Batass

for the most part cams are a pita in more ways than one. Freeing up power is a better alternative for most in the end.

That ls2 would benifit more from a fast intake to start with......well after the reduced weight clutch(something in the 25-30lb range). To give you a example of what those 2 would do for you as far as acceleration goes......probably. 3-.5 et reduction. That's a pretty good change imo.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Generally people say to do the intake last as the factory intakes are pretty good. However, the factory ls2 seems to be crap.
Looks like the cam might be the LAST thing I do....
Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah since you're not wanting to rev it out, just focus on bolt ons and lighter drivetrain components. You will be much happier.
The following users liked this post:
Batass (06-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Ls2 street cam recommendations