General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Sharing my build, any opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharing my build, any opinions

Bit of a long post but here goes, finally sat down to do my dream build 89 mustang gt, woulda rather had a notch but after 2 years of trying to find a fair priced clean 1 I gave up. Running a precision ls 82/84 turbo with an iron block 6.0 ls 30 over fully studded with a k1 forged stroker crank, wiseco boostline rods and custom made gas ported wiseco pro series pistons for a 9 to1 compression 398 stroker. Running Afr 260 mongoose heads with titanium springs locks and retainers with jesel rockers. Holley high ram intake manifold and 105mm throttle body. Cam was custom spec'd from cam motion 663/646 lift. Using an ls1 style meziere electric water pump and all holley sensors and holley smart coils. Car is being ran on a dominator system. Holley 120 pound injectors and a holley dominator 160gph pump, kept the stock gas tank and sumped it. Running a flaming river manual rack and flaming river slim profile steering shaft. Transmission is an rpm built t56 with a monster triple disc clutch. Rear end is an 8.8 braced and welded axle tubes with a 33 spline auburn pro series diff with 33 spline strange forged and gun drilled axles with strange c clip eliminators. Aerospace brakes all the way around with upgraded steel braided lines. Rear upper control arms are team z relocated double adjustable and lowers are team z single adjustable chromoly. Rear springs are proper rate team z and rear shocks are strange double adjustable billet. K frame is a team z chromoly swap k frame with solid motor mounts and chromoly team z control arms. Strange billet double adjustable front coils and team z castor camber plates. Qa1 front sway bar and stifflers tubular swap crossmember. As far as the frame goes I'm running stifflers FIT kit with extra added plating and bracing front to back, torque boxes have been plated boxed and welded and I'm also running an 8 point cage. Car is full interior and 93 pump gas, rear gear is a 373 and I plan on driving the car quite a bit, went for good power and reliability, not real sure on how much boost I'm gonna run or how much power the car will make but it's a street car on 275 Mickey Thompson e/t street r's on 15x9 welds and 17 inch welds on the front, I kno I left some stuff out and when it starts coming together I'll start posting some pictures just wanted to paint a pretty decent picture of the build and share for anybody that wanted to take the time to read thru I appreciate it, questions and comments are welcome and overall I'm just really happy about the build and have already got quite a bit of time in it shooting to be done by next spring, I'll update as I go and thanks again for reading
Old 08-22-2020, 03:34 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,653 Likes on 2,232 Posts

Sounds like a cool build for sure. It’s getting harder to find a nice fox, you are correct. What color is the car? You should start a build thread over in Conversions And Hybrids section. If nothing else, it’s a great place to store notes for your build...no more digging through notebooks like we did way back in the day.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Sounds like a cool build for sure. It’s getting harder to find a nice fox, you are correct. What color is the car? You should start a build thread over in Conversions And Hybrids section. If nothing else, it’s a great place to store notes for your build...no more digging through notebooks like we did way back in the day.
ya no kidding I'm still guilty of sticky notes all over the garage and papers all over my refrigerator tho but the cars yellow, not my choice but the paints brand new so I guess it stays for now but I plan on changing it sooner than later, don't get me wrong its a nice color just not what I want on the car

Quick Reply: Sharing my build, any opinions