General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What mod next..

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What mod next..

It's the time at work where we get a bonus on inventory and I have been saving up. I have a 02 stripper m6 car it has full exhuast, custom tsp cam (the cam is on the big side like close to a ms4 or so) with supporting mods pushrods springs all that, monster stage three clutch light flywheel It has a racetronix 255 pump with hot wire kit and 42lb injectors. Has lca and panhard bar in the rear. I am getting a 9 in this winter from MWC it's going to be a winter project. What should i do next though between these four. It has LS6 intake because its a 02 should I go to a fast 102 ported with throttle body and 85 mm mas air different lid and chris1313 ac ram air. (i have heard great things about the non ac one but I don't hear much about the ac version which i will keep until the ac dies it self then pull it all out. Thought about sending my heads off to AI to have them do the high cr cnc porting on them seems to pick up some power from what I have read website shows 40-55rwhp increase. i believe more on the 40 side maybe lower. Ordering viking shocks and springs all the way around for launching help as of now it 60's like crap but I imagine a 9 inch and radials will help that. Like 2.3 60's and runs 8.2, even slipping it when it starts to move you hammer it and it just spins. Street tires are not my friend but they are the 10 bolts. Or do I just order a nitrous kit with a lnc2000 and all the associated parts. I am leaning towards the head route but is shocks a better option or will the fast really wake it up. I pull it to 6500 or so between shifts rev limiter is around 6700. Just want some insight from guys faster than me so I don't waste it. Side note. It does have Koni adjustable shocks now were on it when I got it and some aftermarket springs not sure type but a small drop
Old 08-29-2020, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

bueller.......bueller.......As of now in thinking shocks but have no idea which viking kit to order. I am doing research and will call them before ordering though. Think these with a nine inch it should launch pretty hard on the street and track.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

find some 799 or 243 heads and send them out to TEA or AI for stage 2 porting. Probably pick up a lot.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Vikings setup is nice. They are double adjustable and you can set ride height if you go with the rear coilover conversion. I went with the UMI setup, 350#springs in the front and 125# in the rear.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Sense you're hitting the track with the car I'd recommend a good set of subframe connectors
The following users liked this post:
Caribe (09-11-2020)

Quick Reply: What mod next..