General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

5.3 swap single cab silverado (no crank)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 swap single cab silverado (no crank)

I bought this 2000 silverado single cab wt with no engine everything there is intact basically a roller, I transplanted a 5.3 and ecm from a bubble eye tahoe. Connected engine harness from a 2001 silverado sanded all engine grounds and are all grounded properly. All fuel lines have been refitted for the 5.3 swap. Now when I try to crank the truck I hear the fuel pump prime but does not turn over at all. Seems that there's no signal to starter. I've also noticed the steering wheel column has been tampered with, no splices just an addition for an air pressure guage for air bags, but I don't think that will cause the truck to not crank over. I've even tried the 30 minute key relearn procedure and still no crank I've installed a new whole dashboard along with harness that goes to the fuse block and made sure the grounds on that where connected as well so I would really need some help to diagnose this issue.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

I've done a similar swap in a 2000 v6 Sierra to a 6.0 v8. Check the PRNDL switch on the transmission. The factory glues the harness plug to that PRNDL switch assembly and if it's been unplugged damage can happen to either the switch or harness. I had to replace the switch because of that issue. I'm sure you've tried starting the engine with the gear selector in different positions to eliminate the switch being out of sync?
The following users liked this post:
Victor_L5P (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped the neutral safety switch from a working truck to see if that was the problem I also cranked the engine by jumping the starter it turned on for 1 sec and died maye I have to delete vats also I still can't start the truck by turning the key im removing vats today to see if that's the problem

Quick Reply: 5.3 swap single cab silverado (no crank)