General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2012 camaro keyfob only ,replacement need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 03:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 camaro keyfob only ,replacement need help

Yes I know theres a million videos of how to do this but understand those videos are all showing the same thing. My question doesnt apply to those videos at all I need help programming a new remote and the remote only I had gotten the recall where the fob is now seperate from the key so I got an old school key now but my factory fob that unlocks and locks well the buttons fell of and I basically dont have keyless entry now my question is does anyone know how to program the remote only? I dont have a spare key but again I dont think any of that applies here I have one key but I need to replace the fob only I dont need to replace or add keys if that makes sense. Basically I'm trying to see if it's possible to program a fob the same as you would a 99 04 mustang key fob is this even possible doesnt anyone with a camaro know how? There is no video on youtube showing this
Old 02-03-2021, 08:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Found this on another forum... it's for a 2010 but I would think they work the same:

1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel(CENTER FOR US CAMARO OWNERS)-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 248 Likes on 173 Posts

I don't know of any cheat method of doing this. But not to say there isn't. But I'm a GM tech and only way I know of, after the recall of key replacement, is to properly program a new transmitter with SPS via GM. In other words, you may need to take it to a dealer or a shop with a highend scan tool.

Quick Reply: 2012 camaro keyfob only ,replacement need help