General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Build it or part it? 2002 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Build it or part it? 2002 ws6

Stumbled across this roller as a means to rob parts off it to finish another car but didn’t realize what I was going to be pickin up was a really clean 2 owner car that the motor and trans had been removed after the car was driven into a ditch. Ecm wiring harness factory air box exhaust etc is all there. To make it a running driving car it literally needs a motor and trans. Aside from that it needs a little body work and paint. Financially in your opinion is it worth hunting down ls1 or lq4 and auto trans in order to be plug and play and driving?or use what I need and part the rest? I need another trans am project like I need a hole in the head but didn’t realize I was getting as clean of a donor car as I was. On top of everything else it’s still a clean titled car. Would like to hear opinions.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

The damage isn't too bad but getting a motor, transmission, windshield, and fixing the driver's side body as well as the hassle of working out the electrical bugs would only make sense if you plan on keeping it, having a clean title is a temptation though. The dash and dash cap are outstanding. I wish I could get the passenger side ground effect piece, mine was hacked onto the body to cover up an accident and I can't get it off as it is bolted/epoxied to the rocker. The time and money to get it back to driving vs. what you could get for parting it out... Myself I would recoup the money with the part out, there are a LOT of premium parts on this one!
Old 03-26-2021, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey thanks for your reply after thinking on it I think your right that parting it out will be my best bet. I would have around 8k in motor trans body work and paint. If they car was low enough mile maybe it would be worth it but I was able to power up the instrument cluster to find it actually has 200k miles as the seller claimed around 110k so it is what it is I’ve already sold some small parts here and there to some buddies but still mostly intact. If you are interested in anything that’s shippable let me know and thanks again for your reply!!!

Quick Reply: Build it or part it? 2002 ws6