General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LT1 swap vs 6.0 LS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LT1 swap vs 6.0 LS

hey guys back in 98 i had a s10 ext cab ,i put a LT1 in it backed up by original 5 speed no tuning needed just drove it and it was fast as hell,well back then.haha but really it ran good.so i decided to do it one more time,small block guy here new to LS stuff,i got a 05 blazer 2 door with same 5 speed and i installed a 6.0 L96 installed tx speed cam and springs stage 1 then got it tuned.i did the complete swap all by myself so it can be done,everything but the exhaust..and it just doesnt feel like its all that.i know the blazer might be a little heavier but damn.
the LT1 was 300 hp at the crank so like 260-270 to tires i guess
the 6.0 with cam and tuning i made 384 to tires but it sure doesnt feel like it you know.
i havent driven it much in fact it hasnt even gotten over 210 degrees could this be part of it,a 160 thermostat
does it need to run hotter,which im scared of here in tx,i got the biggest radiator and fans i could get then cut tons of the front core out to squeeze it in
all that work i did and the money and all the hoopla you see now days.on tv im umm yea not impressed lol ive only driven it like 600 miles not sure if more driving helps,the tuner said nope.anyways any tips would be cool guys thanks

Quick Reply: LT1 swap vs 6.0 LS