General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

closed car transport

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default closed car transport

Hi All
Just wanted to tell about an experience that I had recently . Hopefully it might help someone .
I needed a collector car transported from Nebraska to Long Island on an enclosed trailer . I've never needed this done before so I did a google search to get recommendations . For me , it came down to two companies , Intercity and Reliable . I asked someone that I knew in the restoration business and they
recommended Reliable and actually gave me the name and number of a contact person . I contacted that person and got a quote of $1750 . There was no
discussion of a pick up date because the car was in Nebraska at a Chevy dealership getting service and I wasn't sure when the car would be ready . It was already there for
a month waiting for service to be completed .
A week later I got a message that the work on the car was complete . That day I notified the guy at Reliable . He wrote back "message received and understood " .
I was kind of expecting more of a pick up date and paper work to finalize the deal . I waited 5 days to hear from him again . Trying to not be a pushy PITA .
After 5 days I called him .He was unreachable on two phone numbers he had given me . He called back a day later . I explained that the car had been at the dealership for 5 weeks and I would really like the car picked up ASAP . He replied " it took this long for them to get the work done why rush now " . I guess he was being funny . I asked if the car would be delivered in 4 weeks or less and he said it would be . At this point I wasn't feeling confident about Reliable . I decided to call Intercity . Matt at Intercity picked up the phone on the first call . He gave me a quote in approximately 2 mins ( $2000)and told me I would have the car delivered within 3 weeks .
The next day Reliable sent the paperwork . The price had changed to $2000 from the original $1750 . I'm sure the paperwork was standard , but it had a couple of clauses
that allowed for delivery up to 6 weeks . I decided to go with Intercity. I completed the paperwork with Intercity the same day and told Reliable I wasn't using them ( he seemed relieved )
Three weeks later ( to the day) the car arrived in perfect condition . Tim the driver was punctual and polite .
Super happy with Intercity they were available to speak with , polite , efficient and honest .I would recommend them and I would use them again myself .
Hope this is helpful .
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (07-11-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Very helpful for those need quality enclosed transport. My car collector neighbor used Intercity and the service was top notch, coincidentally also from Nebraska to here in NC.
I have heard excellent things about Reliable as well but they are extremely busy in comparison, being the main transport company from many of the B-J and Mecum auctions. Sounds the same today from what you just described.
Autobahn was a nightmare outfit despite their full page ads in Hemmings. That was a personal experience (an old AMC I bought) where they used sub contracted foreigners despite their insistence that their own trucks would be used. Wrong!!! I could write 3 paragraphs about the issues I had with them. Never again.

Quick Reply: closed car transport