General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ac failer compressor running...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ac failer compressor running...

Hey guys I know it's not a lsx but I'm desperately in need of help..
I got a 99 suburban with 212k miles 5.7 been a perfect lil truck..only thing iv ever had to do is charge the ac system when I first got it....... I charged it to the specs provided by the dealer - it's been good since...... Altho there have been times I feel it does cool as good as it should - mainly at idle on super hot days !....... Ever since I got the system working - the compressor has had a click/clanky noise to it.......
Today my truck stuttered at a stop sign - it's done this before - put it in neutral and rev and it cleans up - it's random ( probably needs a tune up )....... Anyway I parked the truck right after it did this.........
everything seemed fine.....
came back out a hour later and the ac is not never trying to get cold..... The compressor is on - it seems much more noisier and constant then before - now it's noticable in higher RPMs vs before not as much ....... Did the compressor just die or clogged system.......
I checked the pressure with a cheap gauge I have laying around and the pressure is way up in the red? With compressor on!

Any advice. Thanks guys!
Old 07-23-2021, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Your expansion valve may have clogged. Noisy AC never gets better with time.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 196 Likes on 157 Posts

And I would not run it like that because it is sending metal chunks from the compressor through your system. It is probably going to need a flush and a new condenser because I don't think some of them can be flushed - tubes are too small.

Rick

Quick Reply: Ac failer compressor running...