General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Firebird Headlight Motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Firebird Headlight Motor

Is there a shortage with the driver side headlight motors? Seems like they are getting harder to find, but the pass side are in stock. And when you do find a driver side, the price is nuts.

What about the A/M units, are they any good now or just the same cheep **** as always?

Has anyone used A-Premium or Evan-Fischer brand headlight motors? They both have good reviews on Amazon.

And what about Dorman? Do they not make a headlight motor, because I haven't seen one?
Old 09-28-2021, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you searched just for the replacement gear? Last time I looked on Rockauto they had a pretty decent inventory
Old 09-28-2021, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69PrimedC10
Have you searched just for the replacement gear? Last time I looked on Rockauto they had a pretty decent inventory

I wasn't really wanting to cut open and then JB Weld it back together. With them probably being the original motors, I'd imagine that it would be better to replace them. I picked up a new ac delco, for the pass, but the driver side is hard to find, and when you do, it's over $200.

With the A/M units, what tends to be the biggest issues with them?
Old 09-28-2021, 10:22 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

We've had a lot of 4th gen Firebirds in our family. I did a quick count and concluded that we've replaced five driver side motors on cars we've owned, including two on my faithful daily driver - but not one passenger side. That may go a long way to explain the current shortage (although just about everything is in short supply right now). The driver side motors seem to fail much more often for some reason.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RevGTO
We've had a lot of 4th gen Firebirds in our family. I did a quick count and concluded that we've replaced five driver side motors on cars we've owned, including two on my faithful daily driver - but not one passenger side. That may go a long way to explain the current shortage (although just about everything is in short supply right now). The driver side motors seem to fail much more often for some reason.

Huh, I wonder why. I wonder if it's the same issue that the pass side window has.

Quick Reply: Firebird Headlight Motor