General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

import from canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default import from canada

Morning, not sure if this is the right spot for this but does anyone have any experience in importing a ws6 from Canada to the USA? Just trying to gauge how costly it is or how much a PITA. Iv read its not that bad as long as you fill out required paperwork and isnt that expensive. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2021, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

My neighbor sold an old Triumph TR6 to a buyer in Nova Scotia and it was easy. The Canadian guy had to complete paperwork and pay a customs tax/fee. I can't imagine the reverse being too different, but checking through Google should give you plenty of info.
Another factor might be the state you live in and where you wanted it registered. I imagine CA has a totally different criteria than a southern state, especially regarding emissions. I see that DE is your home so you might want to call your local gov't folks to see how to get it registered.
Old 10-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI
Sorry it took a while to reply . I imported a Canadian 2002 CETA last summer ( 2020 ) . There were no issues . I paid $3000 for a single car enclosed trailer transporter from
Ontario to Long Island NY . I realize that is a high price so there may have been additional fees included in that price to come across the boarder . New York registration
was easy . I needed a bill of sale , Canadian title , proof of insurance , application for vehicle registration and of course pay the taxes .

The car has been great only differences the speedo is in kilometers and the car has an automatic light sensor for the pop up headlights . I believe that the
headlight mechanisms tend to wear out quickly . There are easy ways around the light sensors . I bought a flat flash light that I turn on and place over the
light sensor when I start the car in the garage and remove when I'm outside .

One other item when you get the car serviced or inspected remember to tell the mechanic to enter the mileage in miles not kilometers. If the mileage is put in one time in miles and another time in kilometers it looks like you are altering the odometer and the carfax will red flag it .

hope that is helpful.

Quick Reply: import from canada