General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

AWD/RWD Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD/RWD Impala SS

hey im new here and i had a question...is there a way to awd swap an 07-09 impala ss? and if so what would be the easiest way to go about it?
Old 03-20-2022, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by wavy
hey im new here and i had a question...is there a way to awd swap an 07-09 impala ss? and if so what would be the easiest way to go about it?

Tony Angelo and the guys from Hot Rod Garage just put a second LS4 in the back.

The following users liked this post:
wavy (03-30-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

You might want to look at a V8 Trail-BlazerAcadia oil pan and front diff, it allows the drive to pass through the oil pan to lower the engine.
Also I'd compare the whole front suspension, you almost certainly will need to fab a fair amount of it.

Easiest path is likely a full firewall forward tube frame, just to open the bay up and provide the area to mount custom a-arms and the CV joints etc.

Could be an interesting project, you'll also have to factor in how to get the driveline to the front, as a truck has way more room under the drivers feet.
And how to install the transfer case, You likely dont need low range so a adapter to connect the auto to the back half of a NP231 might be in order.

2006 BMW 330XI uses a Version of the NP231 with no gear reduction and a flat mounting area to connect the transfer case. (As well as a available 6 speed manual trans that went with it.) The BMW used a Guibo style front joint in the driveline as its a fixed drive shaft with IRS.

The following users liked this post:
wavy (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm...intresting...because i was thinking of going the silverado until you said what you said...and what about the subframes???

Quick Reply: AWD/RWD Impala SS