General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Thread got locked down.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Thread got locked down.

Che70velle locked down a thread I had because as he wrote:

"This is a technical forum guys. Let’s keep threads technically inclined. I’m locking this one down." - Che70velle

However if you notice that it says in the General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:24 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Ok, keep it about product, not about people or shops. There is a place for that type of stuff. Facebook is a great place for drama, for instance. Again, I don’t see the purpose of the thread. That’s why I locked it down.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Ok, keep it about product, not about people or shops. There is a place for that type of stuff. Facebook is a great place for drama, for instance. Again, I don’t see the purpose of the thread. That’s why I locked it down.
Yes, I am keeping it about product, particularly, the grief and expense I went through for this product. And yes, it's also about shops. People recommend or not recommend places based on experiences or what needs to be done. It was a non technical thread and I posted it specifically in the forums that said non technical forum because of that. As bad as the experience was, I'm not bad mouthing this particular shop and i'm not naming names.

I feel a few others have bad experiences in the ls performance and aftermarket and I have no idea how that isn't pertinent. I apologize if blowing off steam and sharing the expense and rudeness I experienced with other fellow gearheads and ls enthusiasts is too much drama. As much as you don't see the purpose of my thread, I'm sure others may.

Last edited by 2001ws6ft; 12-06-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:31 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I agree with Che70velle that this section isn't really the best place for something like this; this topic is not really specific to just LSx or even GM/GM powertrain, and not really about sharing knowledge specifically pertinent to these vehicles/engines/platforms but rather an outlet to vent. I do get it, but it's more of a generic topic that's certainly not limited to any one segment of the hobby.

If this shop was a site sponsor, and you wished to offer your experience as a comprehensive review or with the hopes of resolving any outstanding issues with said shop, then we'd ask for it to be posted in the Sponsor Feedback section. But, there are very specific rules for that section (including a provision that replies are limited to only the individual and the shop involved, and site staff if necessary) and it would only apply if you intended to name the shop (and if they were in fact a sponsor). However, it looks more like you just want to vent or offer open conversation about your frustrations, which is fine but not suitable for that section either, so.... let's do this:

I'll reopen the original thread and move it to the Lounge; that's really the correct section for something like this, and where it should have been posted in the first place. As long as the discussion doesn't devolve into a bandwagon attack on any site sponsor(s), then it can live as an off-topic/non-technical discussion.

I will lock this thread but leave a link to the original thread below:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...nce-shops.html
The following users liked this post:
2001ws6ft (12-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Thread got locked down.