General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hit 400K This Morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by 70T/A400
I am glad someone is driving these cars and not squirreling them away because they're afraid they will melt or they think they will trouser a few dollars in a decade.

General Motors spent millions developing cars and powertrains and the general public would be shocked to see the testing regimen.

If cars could talk this is how my car would talk to one hidden in a dark garage.

"Where have you been?"

"Been to Charlottetown, P.E.I over Confederation Bridge. Up to Northern Ontario. Spent time in Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana, Ontario, Ohio for work. Been to the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway a few times and even the eastern part of Trans Canada. Broke down a few times. Nothing catastrophic. Got some scars. What about you?"

"I've been to Cars and Coffe twenty minutes from here 4 times a year. Barely 2 tanks of gas. Bored really. No stories to tell. Just bored"
How about the other side of this though...

My '74 Cutlass would love to meet some long lost assembly-line mates. It has 50 years worth of history to discuss (in fact, it's birthday is literally tomorrow, born 4-23-74), only 43,000 miles of travel but it's seen several eras and fads come and go (disco anyone?). If only more than just a handful of the 250,000+ examples that were built had somehow lived a sheltered enough life to have survived then maybe it would have some local family left. The stories that most of them could tell had stopped by some point during the Reagan administration, the only thing further they knew was life at the junk yard, and death in the crusher. But at least they were outside, waiting to die, rather than in a dark garage. That's OK, mine will keep sharing stories of decades past at the weekly meets, with the neighbors, with other enthusiasts cruising on nice days. Hard to imagine a better way for an old dinosaur to perpetuate the hobby. And eventually, some of these "tucked away" 4th gens will be doing the same thing (if not already).
The following 2 users liked this post by RPM WS6:
70T/A400 (04-23-2024), Y2K_Frenzy (04-22-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Congratulations! 400,000+ miles is a hell of an accomplishment for the same car & driver! Twice as impressive in a sports car, pony car muscle car.

I know from first hand experience as my 91 RS has 403,xxx miles on it.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 225 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
How about the other side of this though...

My '74 Cutlass would love to meet some long lost assembly-line mates. It has 50 years worth of history to discuss (in fact, it's birthday is literally tomorrow, born 4-23-74), only 43,000 miles of travel but it's seen several eras and fads come and go (disco anyone?). If only more than just a handful of the 250,000+ examples that were built had somehow lived a sheltered enough life to have survived then maybe it would have some local family left. The stories that most of them could tell had stopped by some point during the Reagan administration, the only thing further they knew was life at the junk yard, and death in the crusher. But at least they were outside, waiting to die, rather than in a dark garage. That's OK, mine will keep sharing stories of decades past at the weekly meets, with the neighbors, with other enthusiasts cruising on nice days. Hard to imagine a better way for an old dinosaur to perpetuate the hobby. And eventually, some of these "tucked away" 4th gens will be doing the same thing (if not already).
I wonder if there’s somewhere one can search to see how many ‘74 Cutlass’s for example, are registered in X state or the U.S.?
Old 04-24-2024, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Congratulations! 400,000+ miles is a hell of an accomplishment for the same car & driver! Twice as impressive in a sports car, pony car muscle car.

I know from first hand experience as my 91 RS has 403,xxx miles on it.
That's impressive.
The following users liked this post:
99 Black Bird T/A (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Hit 400K This Morning!!!