General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Where are you finding them?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where are you finding them?

Where are you finding decent Firebirds?

Autotrader / Cars. Com seems to be pristine high dollar stuff... Craigslist is dead.... Facebook Marketplace has offered the most options, but I can't find a decent V6 car to swap for the life of me.

I found one that looked decent, but after driving out to take a look it was extremely rusted out underneath and has a rust hole in a rocker panel that wasn't disclosed. Another was listed in my price range and several messages later I haven't gotten any reply. Is there a site I should be using? Where do y'all find them?
Old Today, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Craigslist is still my first stop. I find nice cars there all the time, in fact I found my '74 there two years ago and it turned out to be a great deal. I see decent-to-nice 4th gens in my regional (Chicago) Craigslist all the time, sometimes even really nice ones. There are currently 19 hits for "firebird" (1993-2002) on my CL page (within a few hundred miles), and a few more that are listed only under "trans am". About a half dozen of them are extremely local.

These cars are 22-31 years old now, so you can't expect to find a ton of examples in a given region. But if you're willing to travel there are still plenty out there.

Old Today, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Here in DFW Craigslist is dead. I would join some Facebook F body pages if you are on it and look there. I see a lot of nice cars on those pages. Marketplace is a joke.
Old Today, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Craigslist is still my first stop. I find nice cars there all the time, in fact I found my '74 there two years ago and it turned out to be a great deal. I see decent-to-nice 4th gens in my regional (Chicago) Craigslist all the time, sometimes even really nice ones. There are currently 19 hits for "firebird" (1993-2002) on my CL page (within a few hundred miles), and a few more that are listed only under "trans am". About a half dozen of them are extremely local.

These cars are 22-31 years old now, so you can't expect to find a ton of examples in a given region. But if you're willing to travel there are still plenty out there.
Ill play with my settings but I’m in the west suburbs and it’s mainly overpriced dealer stuff when I check CL.
The following users liked this post:
Treburkulosis (Today)

Quick Reply: Where are you finding them?