General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Business owners. What does it cost to start your own?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Business owners. What does it cost to start your own?

I am considering opening my own shop and am curious as to how much money it cost. How long did it take for you to start to see a profit on your business adventure? Would you do it all over again if you had the chance or just work for someone else?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Business don't typically see any profit until they are in there 3-5 year in business. Startup costs are a mother, unless you already have all equipment. Remember you'll also need to pay some hired help unless it's a family/friend business.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Default reply

I have all of the tools and equipment minus a swing in lift and a dyno. I am wondering what it cost out of the gate to get started. Would it be better to open a shop and run it on the side and see how it take off or just go for it and open the doors full time.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Don't quit your day job, run it on the side. The big leap is when it becomes your sole source of income.

I'm not going to say how much I've spent so far, but I'll tell you that i sure as hell wont quit my regular job anytime soon. Even if this biz actually makes a good start.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Don't quit your day job, run it on the side. The big leap is when it becomes your sole source of income.

I'm not going to say how much I've spent so far, but I'll tell you that i sure as hell wont quit my regular job anytime soon. Even if this biz actually makes a good start.
I thought you were quitting your "day job" to make a go at the biz????

Bryan
Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by parbreak
I thought you were quitting your "day job" to make a go at the biz????

Bryan
Nope, I make a large salary per year with full benefits (paid health insurance for my wife and I, dental, vision, etc, 2 weeks paid vactaion per year, and 1 week paid sick days per year.)

I will have somebody answer the phones & take care of most of the shipping, and I'll spend all of my free time doing business stuff... shipping, picking up parts from vendors, fabbing up new stuff.

Someday the biz will be full time, but for now my day job is just too sweet to let go.