General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My buddie messed his Camaro up

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My buddie messed his Camaro up

Well its somewhat his fault somewhat not.

I had been at the track watchin two friends running there mustangs at the 1/8 track One Fox Body= 8.75 one 95 gt= 9.7 those are their times.

anyway when our other friend gets there hes like somethings loose under my car I hear it bang every now and then. Well I rode in it and it didnt shake wobble anything just banged everynow and then.

THis car is one of the nicest 3rd gen I've seen New Paint, New interior, restored the 3rd to almost mint

On the way home he stopped for gas a I kept on goin and when I got home I got a phone call and he said to come pick him up cause HIS WHEEL FELL OFF I just got straight up and took off.

So now his brand new paint needs fender, door, front lip to be painted, rotor IT hurt it a some

Anyway when I saw it it made me sick to my stomach and its not my car.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a Ron White joke......sux though...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After off-roading one time down at an off-road park in PA a buddy lost one of his wheels (33" mudder) on I-81, needless to say same thing happened, the entire side had to be repainted. His wheel bearing seperated at 70mph, looked like fireworks in my rearview mirror.

Ron White is awesome, sears, the trusted name in automotive.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loosing a 33" + tires is scary as heck! not to say loosing any tire isnt... But on an already semi-unstable off road truck...the front or rear dropping a couple feet is uneasy..

Let me guess... Paragon PA Offroad Park? And your buddie was in a Jeep when the unit bearing halves decided to get a divorce? Ive seen that a few times up there... When I get off those trails the first thing I do is hi-lift my front end and check ball joints and unit bearings.

Anyway...back on subject... So what happened to your buddies camaro? Like what caused it? Was he running wheel spacers or anything?? Im just trying to picture what fell off since those cars have the hub and bearing assembly type rotors. Atleast he is ok...and it didnt happen when he was going fast or anything.

Justin
Old 07-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

He was gonind to change the rotors soon anyway.

The studs on those cars are built in to the rotor

anyway over time the studs got worn and 3 lugnuts came loose and it put to much stress on the other 2 studs and they broke going around a corner.

luckily its a turn you have to slow down to around 30 to take and when he turned the wheel came of and the rotor hit the pavement and he slid about 40ft.