General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Updates for today (fixing trans am)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Updates for today (fixing trans am)

Anyone who didnt see where I did buy the wrecked trans am wont have any idea what im talking about so go dig up my "trans am!!" thread

but for those of you who did see it, heres the updates for today
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well today we got rained out and only got in maybe 3 hours of work but theres what went down...

Got the bumper cover off, got all the fog lights, and corner markers out.
Finished pulling out the headlight on passenger side, and driver side is stuck since the metal bent over on the bolt.

We have concluded the front is swung voer roughly 3 inches, so its more than we originally thought but no where near anything we cant fix with a few hours on the fram machine.

And heres the part that creamed my oreo...

No filter, no MAF snesor, no IAT sensor, nothing plugged in, just the bare throttle body...

cranked over without a singe problem, and it idled right off the bat perfect. no clicks no bangs no knocks nothing. ac was freezing cold, radiator is slam full nothings busted. Even revved it to 3k and it sounded wonderful and didnt hesitate.

Overall me and gramps are VERY happy it runs perfectly, better than the camaro does actually!!!

so follow us along for the next few weeks and I'll prove to all the doubters Im capable of doing some really nice body work for my age