General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

criminal speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got arrested and thrown in jail for speed contest(street racing) and wreckless driving. Thing is, I wasnt racing. I was watching my buddy in his 03 Cobra race a guy with a 97 cobra. The cop stopped me and my buddy for that but not the other cobra. Time for me to get a good lawyer.

I have gone between 170-180mph in a 55mph. I wasnt driving though.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

A friend of mine has a 2000 C5 and was caught doin 83 in a 40 zone and only got $350 ticket + 12hrs of driving school + court costs......I told him he was lucky as hell....he has a crystal clean driving record by the way.....I was so shocked that he didn't get his license suspended
Old 07-31-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

i got accused and fined $100 for "drifting my car sideways into and down the road"
thing is it was my old 93 automatic 3.4 with an open diff and 275/35/18s on the back and i was turning right. i could only manage to get that car to step out turning left in the rain. Would have fought it but i was moving to Chicago in 3 days Between a couple witness' and him not actually seeing what happened i would have got off clean.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

i was getting followed by someone in a black kia so i lost him and it turned out to be an off duty cop. he followed me speeding and swerving in traffic but i get the tickets. i got 10 tickets, basic speed rule, failure to yeild, failure to signal, unneccesary spinning of tires(2), unlawful rider(hanging out of the car with a video camera), child endangerment(2 counts cuz i was 18 and my passengers were 17), and 2 others i cant remember, but i got 5 charges dropped had 489 in fines and 10 days in jail. people on there 2nd dui only get 5 days. i think it was bs that i got 10days
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Default SPeeding in the olds

im sorry but a kia caught up LOL, I go to court on Aug22nd for 92 in a 65 plus inspection sticker had been expired for 6 months. I know its going to be an ugly ticket I was lucky I thought i was going to jail. He couldnt understand the power of the 3.8 lol, anyways i was very drunk had beer in the car has some mary jane too and it was 1:50 A.M. I am only 20 so the beer alone in the car was bad with what I was just doing, plus shotgun was in the trunk too and I can go on, Lol he dint even ask me if I had any guns,drugs or dead people. Super Lucky Super, There is a plus to the story I was on the way home and told my gf she was okay with it and I got some punanny I wouldt of got that in jail!

O ya happy I wasnt in the z28 he might not of been as leanent! But I wouldnt of stopped so was different story there!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Launching!

I got pulled over in a small town on the way back from Austin for reckless driving, turns out that one of the three cars I passed at one time on a single traffic lane highway (79) was a county judge. He called it in and had a constable pull me over, what a bunch of gomers. They both yelled at me, nearly got into an argument themselves, the cop lied about me doing 10mph over in a 55, and in the end I got a ticket for an expired driver's license. It cost me $10. lol
Old 07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Since this is turning into a pissing contest... LOL

In 84' I was caught doing 95 mph in a 25 mph zone and jumped a one lane bridge in my 70' Grand Prix and a cop saw it all. The cop told me not to get caught again. He wrote my name in a notepad.

Then last year I get a 73 in a 55 doing the speed of traffic and a month ago they changed the speed to 70 mph.

Definately a strange world we live in.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Yea that was one of the things I learned in driving school.

1. Driving over 30 mph over the posted limit is a criminal offense.

2. Not using extreme caution and giving the most right of way to a emergency vehicle "Gillan law". Could cost you up to a $10,000.00 fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy !@#&@#^@&#^!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
haha amateurs!

I got clocked at 86 in a 40, $460 ticket and the "I could arrest you speech". Best part was I was racing a mustang, he got a ticket too. When the cop talked to me h said he could arrest me and I explained I just fixed the car and was testing how it goes. He replied "Well it definitely goes good I'll tell ya that" haha

Also got pulled over for doing like 105 in a 30, in a corvette. Im not quite sure on the speed, I was shifting into 4th at hiiiiigh RPM's and an undercover detective was 2 cars back... Not ticket and the "you're luck im busy" speech lol.
ya so why did you lose your lisence?!?!?!?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know whats funny, is when i hear all the guys who have been pulled over and theyre all big on here

"ahh to hell with that cop, i was gonna give him a piece of my mind"
"he tried to give me some speech and i stared him down"

just thought it was kinda funny
Old 02-17-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you're owning up to it and being a man about it, unlike other dirtbags that cry, ask why, and say it was a ******** cop.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98redM6
Glad you're owning up to it and being a man about it, unlike other dirtbags that cry, ask why, and say it was a ******** cop.
nah, its just i pull over little bitchs like that....who, while you have them sitting there on the side of the road....there "yes sir'n" me up and down and half the time cry'n, but when i let them go i know there cussin me and sayn to there friend what they woulda done...blah blah blah

thing is i can see history, i know who's the "fast and furious pro" and who just stepped on it one time and doesnt have a record.....

i write more warnings then anything, its the dicks, the dangerous ones, and the repeat offenders i stroke.....

like i said not a big deal....i used to race my car to UNTIL i started working and seeing how far body parts can seperate at speed....

if you dont like cops period, sorry cant help you...butttt
Old 02-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
jesus. you can get thrown in jail for going 40mph over the speed limit but michael jackson gets off on all counts of child molestation. what a world we live in, huh?
"Boy, I Feel a lot safer now that Martha Stewart's behind bars. O.J. Simpson, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jackson are still walking around; Osama Bin Laden, too. But they take the one woman in America willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they haul her *** off to jail."

Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05
you know whats funny, is when i hear all the guys who have been pulled over and theyre all big on here

"ahh to hell with that cop, i was gonna give him a piece of my mind"
"he tried to give me some speech and i stared him down"

just thought it was kinda funny
ya like Sk8runeg!!!! i tolled him when he got is *** in trouble that he was fucked. owell 60 days walking around town is not so bad hahaha
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
nah, its just i pull over little bitchs like that....who, while you have them sitting there on the side of the road....there "yes sir'n" me up and down and half the time cry'n, but when i let them go i know there cussin me and sayn to there friend what they woulda done...blah blah blah

thing is i can see history, i know who's the "fast and furious pro" and who just stepped on it one time and doesnt have a record.....

i write more warnings then anything, its the dicks, the dangerous ones, and the repeat offenders i stroke.....

like i said not a big deal....i used to race my car to UNTIL i started working and seeing how far body parts can seperate at speed....

if you dont like cops period, sorry cant help you...butttt
i actually wanted to be a cop just so i could say that. and i dreamed of having the strobes in the camaro...i've since had a change of heart...
Old 02-17-2007, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 588 Likes on 466 Posts

I had a good experience last summer driving home from work in my Formula. I lived about 15 miles from home and I swear, the road is populated with these retards who need to drive 5 miles an hour under the speed limit, so I decide to start passing them. There's a few times where there's ten cars in a row, so I need to hustle to get back in my lane before the solid line comes up and I hit 110 MPH a couple times, but always am completely under control. I do this a few times and finally hit a stretch of empty road and I'm cruising along about 85 in a 55 when I see a truck flying up on me in my rear view mirror. At first I was like "WTF is with this yahoo? He must think he's bad ***!" so I downshift and punch it and take it up to about 135 then coast down as I am heading towards a pretty sharp corner. I look in my mirror again and this truck is AGAIN flying up on my *** but I have to slow down for the corner so I can't take off. At this point, he gets within about 200 feet of me and all of a sudden I see red and blue flashing lights and strobes... it's a freakin' Michigan DNR officer in his pickup. I pull over and he comes up to my window and this dude is physically shaking as he starts to talk. He's like "What the hell do you think you were doing back there??? I have been following you since you left town and you've been driving like a maniac!!! I've never seen someone take so many risks driving!!! I was scared trying to keep up with you!" I responded with "Well, I've had it under control the whole time and I never made any 'risky' moves in my opinion, I am quite adept at handling a performance car, thanks." So now he's like "Well, how would you like a ticket for showing us how well you drive a car at it's limit?" I looked him right in the eyes and said "Sir, your truck is not equipped with radar nor is the speedometer calibrated in any way since you don't use this vehicle to patrol public roads. If you'd like to give me a ticket, that's fine, but I assure you it will take nothing for me to get it thrown out because you have no way of showing whether I was speeding or not." At this point he just stares back at me and then walks back to his truck. He comes back in less than a minute and says "Just stop driving so fast, you're going to get yourself or someone else killed". I said "Yes sir" and headed on my way. That's the only time I've ever talked back to a cop and got away with it. I never speed like that within city limits or on roads that have a lot of homes or crossroads, I may like driving fast but I am somewhat smart about it. I've been pulled over twice now for speeding in my Formula and each time I got out of it! This car is good luck
Old 02-17-2007, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

i tend to speed up and down I-95 at night, never any traffic, and anyone familiar with the east coast knows this interstate is pretty much a straight shot from maine to florida. it is also riddled with hiding spots for cops (except the jersey turnpike lol), i still speed just because it is so open and there is rarely any traffic out there, i know its wrong, i just dont see a problem with it...
Old 02-17-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that is ironic- 22 hours after i bought my first LS1, i got pulled over-76 in a 35. i actually hit 88, and i told the cop too... he thought it was cool that i was being honest and only wrote it for 55 in a 35, i paid 160 bones and was done with it.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
michael jackson gets off on all counts of child molestation.
In more ways that one!!

Staringback05, I love your quote. It' s like when a "detainee" called my SGT a ************. He yelled, "I wouldn' t be a ************, if you' d keep your mom off the street!"

The road I use when I bring go get my daughter, and drop her off to her mom, almost never has cops patrolling it......ALMOST. One time, I was running 90, saw two cars approaching, didn' t hit the brakes, second car was a Sheriff' s Office unit. A little further down the road, the surface of the road gets smooth as ****. I downshift, and pass the truck ahead of me, and speed up to 100-102, not too fast. I' m approaching another car up ahead, and when I get within about 100 yards, my headlights hit the Sheriff' s Office decals on the back. I figure this would be a good time to slow down. Another time several weeks ago, I wasn' t so lucky. I was coming back from bringing my daughter back to her mom, I was distracted, which is PART of the reason I was driving as slow as I was. I was doing 80-90, not really paying attention, as there' s seldom much traffic on this road either. I see headlights approaching....didn' t hit the brakes, then he nose-dives, and hits the shoulder. ****!! I pull over. He clocked me at 86 in a 55. Oops. I give him my paperwork, then he asks for my license, and that wonderful teardrop light hits the little "trump card" I have in my wallet. He sees it. I almost smile. He verified the validity of my ID, turned off his mic, and we BS'ed for a few minutes. I appologized for my negligiance (sp?), he told me it was ok. We get back in our cars, and part ways.

Last edited by Darth Z; 02-17-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^^

my one and only slip up....i was doing 115 back up from ocala on 301
(backwoods highway down the center of florida)
back to jville.....i had work in the morning, it was 2am, and i had just left my gf in tampa.....

i came over a hill just outside of marion county and i saw a S.O. lazing on the base....passed him and another S.O. pulled me over down the road...

i told him the truth, was pulling out my license and he saw my badge NO I DIDNT FLASH IT, and his words " S.O.B, your the 3rd one tonight, just slow it down for me" and before i could apologize for acting dumb in his county he was already in his car after someone else.....