General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

criminal speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK85
Huh that doesnt sound right. So a cop will just take you to jail if he suspects you of being drunk in your state? Ill definatly be more careful next time people are in my truck with booze.
Its the same here. When they arrest someone its called suspicion of drunk driving. They have to have probable cause to arrest you for it, i.e. field sobriety tests and a pbt reading. You also have to remember that in South Dakota if are suspected of drunk driving you have to submit a blood sample by law. I’m just lucky that I just sit in a weigh Station all day, and very rarely do we find a truck driver that is drunk. It has only happened twice since the three years I have been there.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

down here we look at it as weve already made the decision if the person is going to jail, right before we do any test....

mainly because weve already got THREE points of reference....

1. we had to have already seen them driving bad, thats why we pulled them over
2. when we get to the car, you can smell booze, rely on them talking like dumbass's, or check there eyes
3. lastly...when they step out of the car and walk to the rear....

this is all before we start any test...the test just solidify things
Old 03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Teching In

104 in a 55, Paid my lawyer $100 bucks, one year probation and 20 hours of community service. When the probation is up it'll be wiped from my record. Not bad considering he could have hauled my *** to jail right then and there
Old 03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Huh that doesnt sound right. So a cop will just take you to jail if he suspects you of being drunk in your state? Ill definatly be more careful next time people are in my truck with booze.

Well hopefully Seawolf chimes in since I know hes a cop in the same state as me.

in louisiana they pretty much let you go if their in a good mood and your not totally wasted... but if they are ready to be a dick even if you had one beer 4 hours ago your going to jail and getting charged with a dwi even though you passed the breathalizer... just cause they can
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

How can this be legal for a cop to just follow someone around forever? You know hes just waiting for you to do something wrong or find something wrong with your car.

yeah it kinda pissed me off afterwards, but think about the kind of exhaust i'm running, race headers, no cats, cutout, the car is ridiculously loud for driving around on the street all day. and i already got a window tint ticket down here so theres plenty of **** he could have got me for...
Old 03-02-2007, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by seawolf18
Its the same here. When they arrest someone its called suspicion of drunk driving. They have to have probable cause to arrest you for it, i.e. field sobriety tests and a pbt reading. You also have to remember that in South Dakota if are suspected of drunk driving you have to submit a blood sample by law. I’m just lucky that I just sit in a weigh Station all day, and very rarely do we find a truck driver that is drunk. It has only happened twice since the three years I have been there.
Learn something new every day. Thanks. Like I said Im not worried about getting a dui because Im usually the DD (not desinated drinker). Yea truckers would be stupid to drive with after they have more than 2 drinks, a dui for them would really screw up their life.

Another question, sorry. Say you arrest me for suspician on drunk driving and tow my viechle and take me in. After I prove I wasnt drunk is it my responsilty to pay all the impound fees and what not?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ that doesnt really make any sense......if you get arrested for DUI your not all the sudden gonna prove your not drunk?....and yes youll have to still pay for the tow...its your car