General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I sell my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took there advise and went vette... i had a 01 ws6 and was tryin to buy a 03 cobra and then took a step back and viewd a vette. found this out

1. the vette is way more respectable (racing or just crusing )
2. with little to no money the vette is faster (power/weight ratio)
3. Are you not going to look like a badass in a 2 seater that says CORVETTE??

You life, Your money, go supercharger on camaro, or go bolt on vette. either way keep it GM!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my opinion, a cammed ls1 is alot more apealing than a terminator. Your probably going to be paying more on gas with the termi. Boosted, low comp, cars get shitty gas milege, which is why the lightning is parked so much. You'll maybe see about 19 on the freeway. We'll have to wait to see if Unit will chime in, he's had both cars. Then again, you can't go wrong with both cars, both very nice rides.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive driven both and the blown cobra is awesome. but its really not that much quicker. you said you're worried about the rear end...with any power mods the IRS on the cobra is as much as a danger as the 10 bolt. i like the way you sit in both but for a sports car i sure like the fbody and vette much better. it feels like youre sitting in an s10 with the stangs, and theres no problem with that, just saying what it feels like. no ttops or open top of any sort kinda sucks. the shifter position kinda sucks going to 5th in the stangs. you pretty much gotta lean forward to get it there...i like my hurst in my camaro. if all you want is low 12's, do a 12 bolt, some slicks and a stall if youre an auto and with your mods now you should be close. if youre looking exclusively at spending money then its cheaper to go fbody. if you want something different go ford, its a nice change and not a horrible move. what about a vette though? that is a good point. its a change of scenery and classy, and the IRS in the vette is much stronger than the ford. But above all if youre hesitating about getting rid of your car, dont do it. you will always wonder what if you would've kept it.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Teching In

I agree with most of the guys here, What ever makes u Happy do it! I personally Love F-bodys. The Look, The Sound, The $, and easy 2 mod besides the tight room. And endless aftermarket Supplys ( Easy 2 make it Custom). But Don't forget Insuranceon the Cobra My Friend (Supercharged). My buddy was gonna sell his 67 camaro for an 04 Cobra, But I talked him out of it Cause he owned a Classic and Insurence on a Cobra can be Murder depending on your record(all because of that supercharger).But they are nice cars, but I'm an F-body Biased
99 Blk Z28 A4
Lid, Pulley, 3800 stall TQ, Trans cooler and shift kit, Full susp, Free mods, LT headers wit TSP true duals X-pipe, 3.73's and MS3 Cam.. 11.5 at 123 at MPH
Old 08-11-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

All i takes to make your Camaro a 12 second car is a cam.....

I cant wait till my TA is paid off, I will definitely not be selling it. I am going to be one of those guys that has like five badass cars and still lives with my parents at age 30 LOL
Old 10-13-2006, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
i took there advise and went vette... i had a 01 ws6 and was tryin to buy a 03 cobra and then took a step back and viewd a vette. found this out

1. the vette is way more respectable (racing or just crusing )
2. with little to no money the vette is faster (power/weight ratio)
3. Are you not going to look like a badass in a 2 seater that says CORVETTE??

You life, Your money, go supercharger on camaro, or go bolt on vette. either way keep it GM!

you do mean z06......
Old 10-13-2006, 04:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeanerZ28
I agree with most of the guys here, What ever makes u Happy do it! I personally Love F-bodys. The Look, The Sound, The $, and easy 2 mod besides the tight room. And endless aftermarket Supplys ( Easy 2 make it Custom). But Don't forget Insuranceon the Cobra My Friend (Supercharged). My buddy was gonna sell his 67 camaro for an 04 Cobra, But I talked him out of it Cause he owned a Classic and Insurence on a Cobra can be Murder depending on your record(all because of that supercharger).But they are nice cars, but I'm an F-body Biased
99 Blk Z28 A4
Lid, Pulley, 3800 stall TQ, Trans cooler and shift kit, Full susp, Free mods, LT headers wit TSP true duals X-pipe, 3.73's and MS3 Cam.. 11.5 at 123 at MPH

insurance maybe a bitch on cobra's, but keep in mind vette's have the most accidents every year....
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Perhaps yes, but my ins. guy told me a vette was cheeper on ins. because the average age was alot older than f-body owners and therefore ins. was cheeper. I still told him that I wasent going to sell my ta for a vette! Vettes could be involved in more accident but ins. would be cheaper, at least for me! I'ts all about the money, you see!!! Still, if you want to sell it, then sell it... I guess. I wouldent!

Quick Reply: Should I sell my LS1