General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I think I need a little body work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

o man that is horrible but maybe your frame is not bent and the bumper support took the beating and this will be an easy fix.. 2 fenders a hood and a bumper and prob a radiator support. but it wont total bc in order to total the car the damages have to = 75% of the cars value i do know how to do body work and all that stuff so i know that you dont have no $8000 worth of damages..
Old 09-02-2006 | 05:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
do you still have your damaged ss hood? if so i want it...
I will be getting my hood back, but still debating if I want to play with it or not....I was thinking of glassing taller cowl like the VFN 3". Still waiting on word of repair or total, but if I sell it I will let you know.

Originally Posted by bjamick
o man that is horrible but maybe your frame is not bent and the bumper support took the beating and this will be an easy fix.. 2 fenders a hood and a bumper and prob a radiator support. but it wont total bc in order to total the car the damages have to = 75% of the cars value i do know how to do body work and all that stuff so i know that you dont have no $8000 worth of damages..
The passenger rail is supposedly bent a little but not bad, the front supports are but like you said no big deal. The shop got a hold of a whole front end off a Z and will repait and replace all the parts. The problem is both bas went off and the dash, bags, and modules are totaling a little over 6K. I do have up to 75% but the car is valued at 18,500 so I have a little more to play with. I think the only hold up is the rims at this point, and I am waiting for a call on Monday (crossing fingers).

Last edited by Camarokidd24; 09-02-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2006 | 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camarokidd24
what's up phil, yeah unfortunatly it's mine...I'm fine, but you know how I am about my car!

still not sure what the verdict is on the car. the bodyshop and the other drivers insurance company are having problems getting prices for some of the parts. I am guessing the chrome 10 spokes (obviously becuase they are not made anymore). At this point I just want my car back fixed. The body shop its at does great work and hopefully get everything perfect again.

I know a lawyer would drag things out and I went down the the sherriff office today to get the police reports and it's looks like the 2nd cop got his head out of his *** and wrote the report correctly, the first cop still hasn't filed his yet (he has up to 10 days to file and may not due to the second cop overriding his findings).

Thanx for your support guys!
second cop=
Attached Thumbnails I think I need a little body work?-2004-09-25.jpg