General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

test drove an 01 LS1 A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by @nthony
she crashed the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You put her in a car that deep down I dont think she wanted or was ready for. Time and time again you said she was scared of it. Would you go hunting with a buddy that told you over and over he was afraid of firearms??

I feel REALLY bad about that though man. I wrecked my TA and it honestly traumatized me for a while. I felt like total ****. I guess what I am saying is start her off a tad easier next time and don't get pissed at her for it, im sure she feels like total **** already. Again, really really sorry that happened
Old 09-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Beleive me. I have both and a Stock LS1 feels alot stronger than an LT1, low end or top end.
Low end? I disagree.

The 98 LS1 I drove didn't feel like the LT1's I tried.
More Torquey? IDK, LT engines certainly dont have the upper hand, but Torque is definitely something they do have.

Originally Posted by RevGTO
The A4/M6 argument will go on till judgment day, but this is the first time I've heard somebody say the LS1 felt the same as an LT1. I've owned both and the torque curve for each is completely different. I don't think they feel anything like each other.

Last edited by burnzilla; 09-09-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

i didnt even force her to get it.or even want her to get one. she wanted it by herself.

she was hit in the rear pass 1/4 panel hard by a suburban doing at least 50mph. she spun around 3 times. she heard the lady from the suburban say she didnt even try and hit the brakes to stop. i think she didnt want to stop on purpose. my girl said she had alot of time to cross, so it seems like the lady had time to ******* stop.

she had an 05 SS impala with the LS4, a scion, and an 01 impala V6. she wanted the camaro badly.

yea shes traumatized right now too. scared to drive it and all.

the car wasnt on insurance yet. only had been 2 hrs since she bought it.

im gonna be replacing the trans, Tq arm, axles with moser axles, and the LCA's.

Originally Posted by Stanger88
You put her in a car that deep down I dont think she wanted or was ready for. Time and time again you said she was scared of it. Would you go hunting with a buddy that told you over and over he was afraid of firearms??

I feel REALLY bad about that though man. I wrecked my TA and it honestly traumatized me for a while. I felt like total ****. I guess what I am saying is start her off a tad easier next time and don't get pissed at her for it, im sure she feels like total **** already. Again, really really sorry that happened
Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

althouh you cant feel anything without an M6 behind it.

I whole heartedly disagree.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

ok were done with that subject

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I whole heartedly disagree.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Veteran

t top need re-doing too.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it your girls fault or the woman in the suburban? If it was the suburban woman's fault then I don't think it matters if you have insurance or not expecially after owning the car for two hours. I think that some insurance companies have policies that cover this sort of thing. Maybe I'm wrong?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Veteran

no one knows whose fault it was... there was a cop sitting at the intersection too as it happened.. he wasnt paying attention. the ******* actually laughed when i got there at the car.

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Was it your girls fault or the woman in the suburban? If it was the suburban woman's fault then I don't think it matters if you have insurance or not expecially after owning the car for two hours. I think that some insurance companies have policies that cover this sort of thing. Maybe I'm wrong?
Old 09-10-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

Maybe you should have brought her to an empty lot and let HER blow it sideways and get a real "feel" for the ride. Nothing like "hands on" learning. Bad deal man. But like someone said....thats what the insurance is for.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Banned

no one knows whose fault it was... there was a cop sitting at the intersection too as it happened.. he wasnt paying attention. the ******* actually laughed when i got there at the car.

+1 on the reason I dont care when a pig makes the news. 95% of the time they had it coming and a lot of the time it is stuff gone wrong that gets covered up b/c he had his hand in the cookie jar with a few cons. I have known good cops, and the good cops admit...A LOT ARENT.

At any rate, I was under the impression she lost control, not a raging **** rammed her, Im sorry about that. Thats a bitch

And yeah, I identify with the not driving, my GF drove me around a few days after my incident.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm surprised you got tags for the car without insurance, even if they were temps. Usually you can't take the car off the lot until it has insurance on it.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
I'm surprised you got tags for the car without insurance, even if they were temps. Usually you can't take the car off the lot until it has insurance on it.

When I worked for Ford we would not allow a vehicle off the lot in the hands of its new owner until insured as well.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

car was bought private person

she was on the way to my house, and in a 2 way stop she got hit . she looked and saw the suburban a ways down the street.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Banned

car was bought private person

she was on the way to my house, and in a 2 way stop she got hit . she looked and saw the suburban a ways down the street.
Sounds like the Suburban was at fault if there were no tire marks, ect.

A person's first reaction is to apply brakes, no matter WHAT when something popps out in front of them, had she does so, I would bet $$ that there would be squeeling suburban tires. its just the natural thing, SLAM THE BRAKES!. The fact that there was no braking inplies that it was conscious decision made plenty in advance to hit the camaro.
The GM black-box will tell the tale if any airbags were deployed.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Banned

its early AM and I cant spell for shat. Im not a retard. Sorry
Old 09-10-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Veteran

none were deployed.

yea the suburban bitch didnt even hit the brakes.

i saw some tire marks on the street... but it didnt fit the direction she was going. they were going off to the side.

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Sounds like the Suburban was at fault if there were no tire marks, ect.

A person's first reaction is to apply brakes, no matter WHAT when something popps out in front of them, had she does so, I would bet $$ that there would be squeeling suburban tires. its just the natural thing, SLAM THE BRAKES!. The fact that there was no braking inplies that it was conscious decision made plenty in advance to hit the camaro.
The GM black-box will tell the tale if any airbags were deployed.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Veteran

here is what i made up about the scene.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Banned

Could she have nailed the brakes, swerved, hit the curb, and come back on track? or were the marks old? You would be stunned to see how fast tire marks dissapear, especially on a well-driven street...
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Suburban at 50 mph without braking would have taken off the back end of that car. The rear window is not even busted.

By your drawing, it looks like the Suburban had the right of way. Without any witnesses stating to the contrary, your woman is screwed.

Chalk it up to why women and senior citizens should not be given driver's licenses and should be forced to use public transportation.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Chalk it up to why women and senior citizens should not be given driver's licenses and should be forced to use public transportation.
+1, women drivers are terrible.

Quick Reply: test drove an 01 LS1 A4